Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 May 2011 19:57:21 BDT
Der Mattin says:
Will this still be the censored version?

From imdb.com:
UK version is cut by 19 secs to remove horse falls (one of which can still be seen in the accompanying documentary on the UK DVD) and the sex scene with the witch is shortened to remove one brief shot of her bare behind and to reduce her groaning sounds from 6 to 3.

Posted on 21 May 2011 00:31:16 BDT
TJ Doc says:
Probably. But you never know, wait and see.

And some of the extra material was recently classified on the BBFC's site, so something new regarding the actual film may appear soon.

Posted on 23 May 2011 20:02:39 BDT
The horse-fall will definitely still be cut as it's deemed as animal cruelty. Hopefully all other cuts will be put back.

Posted on 9 Jul 2011 23:01:02 BDT
I've just received my disc this morning, and to my surprise it is completely uncut. Even the horse falls are intact. I found out by Google and later confirmed it. The UK disc contains the uncut movie, but you have to set your UK player to a foreign MENU language to access it. If you don't change your player settings you get the film, minus the 21 seconds cut by the BBFC.
I set my player to DUTCH, and the film played UNCUT 2 hours 10 minutes 31 seconds. Brilliant!

And the film looks and sounds a helluva lot better. The HD Master Audio is knock-out. The new extras are a nice bonus too.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2011 10:53:14 BDT
Der Mattin says:
Great news!
Thanks for the info.

Posted on 10 Jul 2011 16:00:16 BDT
in the us it is advertised as an extended version?
any news of that?

Posted on 12 Jul 2011 19:47:58 BDT
Mr Taylor says:
Thanks very much for the info Mr McDonald! I've always had to buy the French or US versions to get it uncut, but what you've indicated sounds most promising!

Posted on 16 Jul 2011 11:56:07 BDT
Q. B. TRAN says:
ah, that's what i want to know! thx for the info :D

Posted on 24 Jul 2011 18:52:39 BDT
Mr Taylor says:
Having got my copy, i can now confirm that the language change does work, and you get a 2:10:31 sec version of the film as opposed to the cut 2:10:10 version. Just for information, i originally changed the language on my blu-ray player (a Sony) in System Settings to a foreign menu language - this did NOT work; you need to change the language settings on the BD/DVD Viewing Settings and change the BD/DVD menu accordingly. The System Settings can be left as is.

Posted on 3 Aug 2011 06:58:47 BDT
Just a note, people with Region A or Region C players don't need to do anything. The BBFC cut version only plays on Region B players and is hidden otherwise--it appears Fox accomplished this by splitting the film into seven files and using seamless branching to include or exclude the cut segments based on language and region choice.

Posted on 7 Aug 2011 12:35:40 BDT
J. HILTON says:
Can you access the uncut version via a PS3, as this is my bly ray player as well?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2011 18:13:13 BDT
I don't see why not. It should work the same way as any other player. Unfortunately I can't check, as my trusty day 1 60gb PS3 died on me a few weeks ago after 4 good years. But I would say yes, it will definitely work.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 17:22:11 BDT
mr says:
I just tried the disc with my PS3: first I set all the video settings to Dutch, didn't work - still got the 2:10:10 version.
Then changed the system language: same result...

Is there a way to see the uncut 2:10:30 version of this movie on a PS3?
Does anybody know?

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jun 2012 02:40:05 BDT
C. S. Hanson says:
sorry to bother you, i got conan today for 7 quid c/o asda, i cannot get this uncut version at all on it, i have set the blu ray player to dutch, but looking at it now i wonder if fox have fixed it, that there is only one version, the cut one...there are no foreign lanquage options or subtitle, bar for the hard of hearing and the commentary track is subtitled, does your version specifically mention the lanquages on the outer case? as the amazon site does?

Posted on 6 Aug 2012 21:20:39 BDT
The USA blu ray is region free and uncut.
It does however include an alternate ending where the UK one didn't. I have read that the alternate ending is the directors preferred ending though.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2012 17:54:32 BDT
Nick Deckard says:
I think youll find the USA version is cut in a different way - its missing a couple of very small scenes I think!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Aug 2012 14:39:05 BDT
D. ZABLOCKI says:
fox was meant to re-release a corrected version for the uk with a cut edition. Also on this edition they were meant to fix the audio as it was missing parts of music elements through out the movie. Are you able to confirm if a dolby digital 1.0 mono audio stream was included in your version to go along with the 5.1 mix and 2.0 commentary audio?

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Aug 2012 15:44:32 BDT
C. S. Hanson says:
Yes they have done a 1.0 mono track for the repressed uk disc, and they have indeed cut the film by 20 seconds, with now NO option to view the foreign version by setting your machine to french menu. i managed to obtain an old copy from ebay, and it is super. il have to put up with the poor sound people are talking about, though personally, it sounds resonable to me. If basil poledouris fans really want to hear this truly great score then check out the double cd re-recording on prometheus record label conducted by nic raine, no conan/poledouris fan can be without this disc.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Aug 2012 18:09:59 BDT
D. ZABLOCKI says:
i do have the old copy, but i would love to get my hands on the new disc only for the mono track as the score in this movie is more important to me than 20 seconds off missing horse trips. Are you able to tell me what is the EAN barcode on the back cover so i know how to spot the difference between the 2 versions?...also does it state on the back cover that is has mono audio? thanks in advance

Posted on 21 Aug 2012 02:02:46 BDT
David F. says:
So, they fix the messed up audio, but censor the movie at the same time. And so the wait for the perfect Conan release continues...

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2012 18:58:59 BDT
C. S. Hanson says:
i bought it for 7 quid last month in asda, they seem to have loads, in two different store whilst on my quest to find an uncut copy ! the old and new versions have no difference on the cover, only stating that they have the subtitles for the hard of hearing, i do not recall that the mono track was advertised! you love the score,but those twenty seconds ruin the music flow, particulary on the battle of the mounds sequence, its catch 22, mono sound with cuts, uncut= muffled sound/music, but every fan should (as i plugged) have that new cd. the new bluray where ever you buy it chances are, it will be the cut mono one.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2012 19:41:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 25 Aug 2012 19:42:55 BDT
D. ZABLOCKI says:
someone told me the only way to spot the difference between the old and new versions in regards to the cover is...that the new version does not come in a slip cover, whilst the old one does..can you please confirm that you cut version came with no slip cover?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2012 09:23:48 BDT
C. S. Hanson says:
Sorry to say but the three cut editions i recently bought from asda all had the slip cases with them. The uncut copy i got from ebay fortunatlly had a slipcase with it, also some guy was selling just the slipcard alone for a fiver.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2012 10:12:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Aug 2012 10:13:00 BDT
D. ZABLOCKI says:
so you have just proven me wrong, oh man...great job FOX, the print id on the label of the disc is the only way to know for sure then....but you cant check that in store as all the blu rays have plastic wrapping...the id on the cut edition on the label on the disc is KA 01806 BD SE.1. ? correct? thanks in advance pal

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2012 10:24:36 BDT
C. S. Hanson says:
and i had a right battle with the store trying to get my money back, i just said the sound was faulty, they looked at me strange, but gave up, they did not understand the sound mix was messed up, anyway all the unsealed copies i took back ended back out on sale ? best think to do, like i did , find someone on ebay/amazon who is selling a good condition one , unsealed of course...ask them to check if it has the option for foreign subtiles on the disc, thats the only way you can be sure, then you have to set your machine to french set up to access the uncut print. just forget barcodes and sleeves for help, good hunting.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  16 May 2011
Latest post:  6 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Conan The Barbarian [Blu-ray] [1982]
Conan The Barbarian [Blu-ray] [1982] by Arnold Schwarzenegger (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars (179)