Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

Uncharted 2 Problem - HELP!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Nov 2009 10:59:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Nov 2009 11:17:13 GMT
Sat down to play Uncharted 2 last night and was told I needed a software update. Nothing new there I thought so hit 'OK'. However after a 5 secind 'Please wait' message I got a triple beep from my system and a black screen.

I did a system update which didnt fix the problem and I downloaded a couple of demos so I can only assume there was something wrong with the games servers last night.

Anyone shed any light????Sony PlayStation 3 Slim Console (120GB Model)

Posted on 4 Nov 2009 17:45:31 GMT
Trigger says:
Sorry, I downloaded the update about three days ago and had no problems during doing so. However, the patch caused a few issues such as freezing & throwing people out of games, so it could be linked to that somehow.

I would suggest you try again, and if you still get no joy, there is a topic on the video games forum (probably on page 2 or 3 by now) which will either give you more info or you can ask more knowledgable folk for advice.

Posted on 6 Nov 2009 10:49:06 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

I'm still having problems which is bizarre as no-one else seems to be. Been trying every night and it wont download and my PS3 reboots itself. Phoned Playstation support who werent very helpful. May try them again tonight to see what the problem is.

Posted on 7 Nov 2009 12:12:38 GMT
John Petrie says:
http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/SystemUpdates/PS3

follow the steps and try updating that way

Posted on 9 Nov 2009 09:41:03 GMT
D. Sullivan says:
is the hdd light flashing a lot before you press x. If it is wait for it to stop, then do it. I had to do this when updating VidZone.

Posted on 9 Nov 2009 13:53:16 GMT
Thanks for help guys - ended up having to do a 'restore defaults settings'. Hard drive was corrupted. Backed everything up so didnt lose anything.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  3 Nov 2009
Latest post:  9 Nov 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars (419)