Customer reviews

Ultrasport Women's Biking Pant - Black, Medium
Colour: adjustable seat padding, black|Size: Medium|Change

on 6 December 2014
These shorts were bought because they were selling at a give away price. I have other Ultrasport gear and small usually fits me well. These shorts are very tight though! The padding is very substantial and a little uncomfortable to walk around in. I bet it's mega protective once on the saddle though. The shorts are really fabulous quality and unbelievable at the low price I paid. I actually cut off the padding as it came out easily leaving behind a very nice pair of compression running shorts which I have been looking for at a reasonable price. I would recommend buying a size up and reckon they would do the job very well.
on 30 November 2017
Padding was on a 'sling' inside the shorts which meant it moved and so no always in the right place. I ended up stitching the sling higher so was in a better position. Were comfortable but another pair I had from a different brand were better
on 28 January 2016
Just tried on 40 km ride. Padding is good and comfortable. Great length (not too short). Bought as add on item which makes them amazing value for money.
on 17 January 2018
I commute to work on my bicycle; cycling about 16 miles a day, three days a week. I’m not worried about my cycle gear being branded, but the kit I wear needs to fit and be comfortable. I wore the 'Ultrasport Women's Bike Shorts' for a week before penning this review and opted for a ‘small’ and they fit really well; I’m typically a size 10.

I found that the material was soft against my skin and breathable, so it was comfortable when fresh on and - thanks to the quick dry material - remained comfortable even once sweaty! The padding is quite full, reaching across my bum and covering high up at the front of my crotch, which means when I am in the forward position on my bike the padding still provides good protection. This is great for commuting but the padding may be too bulky for competing. In comparison, the back pocket is small, I can fit a couple of keys and a cash card in there, but that’s about it.

The leg cuffs are elasticated with rubber tram lines running round the whole cuff, a design which effectively helps the legs stay put when I’m on the move. The reflective strips on each leg are a nice touch, but I don’t think they really add anything beyond aesthetics. Finally, the waist comes up quite high, which for me is a good thing, as it means my back and waist are well covered irrespective of my ride position.

Overall, the design is much the same as a number of others on the market, but these come in at a decent price so I would recommend these to anyone who cycles into work or for leisure.
VINE VOICEon 2 August 2014
I took these biking pants for the ultimate cycling test.....a 7 mile cycle (i usually do about 2 miles) through the Two Tunnels in Bath....

It's a bit difficult to get them on, as they're so close fitting but I got around that by wearing some cotton leggings underneath http://amzn.to/1rZk9pH underneath and therefore managed to wear the XS size!

I usually wear a size 12....

Once on, they felt fine.

They have padding in the crotch/bum area so it does look as if you're wearing an Enormous pantie-pad, but don't let that put you off.....b...e....c....a....u....s.....e....
When on the bike they certainly protect all your feminine 'bits' from bike erosion and chaffing.

I managed this much lengthier ride without any adverse effects and in fact came home feeling fine!!

I do already have a gel seat pad on my bike http://amzn.to/1ALbLgc as I like to be comfortable when cycling....

For safety, do get your usual ladies size, or the size above ...you won't need to wear a smaller size (unlike M&S products) and the XS is probs for ladies size 8-10!

But remember, you have to really pull them on, they won't bust, they're really robust.

The best way to get them on, is to pull them up to your knees, then pull them carefully over your pants, front first, then back.
There is a cord in the waist-band inside that you can tie them up with (I didn't need to do that) and a little zip pocket at the back for your phone or keys.

As far as sweat goes, they do dry while you're wearing them.

Overall, great pants and even though I pulled them around a bit on first wearing (before I sussed it was best to have my leggings underneath)....and heard the stitching stretch/ping...they didn't un-pick or fall apart which is a great plus point.
VINE VOICEon 20 August 2014
To put this in context, I do quite a lot of recreational cycling – once or twice a week, maybe 5 – 10 miles at a time. I don’t take the question of gear / clothing too seriously and have never tried cycling shorts before, so when I was offered these I was pleased to give them a try.

I can echo comments from other reviewers that they are definitely small for the stated size. When I requested them there was only XS and XL available. Now I’m a healthy size 14 and would have expected to want M or L, so I went for the XL – and I am glad I did. They are certainly not loose on me!

When I put them on, my first thought was “I can’t walk!” – the padding between my legs felt very bulky. But as I moved around they seemed to adjust to my body shape (memory foam, perhaps – or just me getting used to them) and become almost comfortable. Once on my bike they did provide a certain amount of extra padding, but I can’t say that I found them fantastically comfortable. On the whole there seems to be a lot of padding and they feel a bit bulky.

Lastly, I have asked around my friends and looked at various pairs of cycling shorts for comparative purposes. These do seem to be well made with their extra stitching, although I would have liked the pocket to be a little bit bigger (big enough to take a credit card, say). However, at £49.95 (RRP for L & XL) they seem a lot more expensive than other makes and I am not sure that I can see enough difference in quality to justify the price.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 21 July 2014
Well, this was a big disappointment! I picked these as the sizing information on Amazon said that a medium (which this were meant to be) would be a size 12-14 UK. These did not make it further than half way up my thighs. I tend to be on the 12 end of the 12-14 size range so this surprised me a little. I would suggest going up a good few sizes if you're buying these shorts.

I have now managed to get into these shorts with a lot of tugging and pulling. They are super tight but i guess that's what they're meant to be like. Luckily Ultrasport sent me another pair to try out to see if a larger size would help. They sent me the XL which is the biggest size they do which dented my ego slightly, however they do fit which is a bonus. They are a little saggy so maybe a L would be ok for a 12-14 size lady.

Now having been able to actually wear the shorts i have found them to be really useful in protecting my rear-end when i go on slightly longer rides on my exercise bike. One problem is that they take ages to dry after washing due to the padded section in the shorts, oh and walking around in them feels distinctly odd.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 1 February 2018
These cycling shorts are very comfortable and soften the skin. They wear well so will hopefully last well too. And also good value for money. Very happy
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 August 2014
I think the quality and design of these biking pants with a zipped pocket for keys/cards/cash, padding to protect against chafing and and bumps and the overall look of the trousers are all good good.
The only main problem I see is that the sizing does seem to be smaller than usual biking pants so therefore I'd advise you go for one size bigger than usual if in doubt.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 26 July 2014
The Ultrasport Women’s Biking Pants are perfect if you have trouble with an uncomfortable seat on your bike. They come with quite a thick pad attached which for my stationary bike has been absolutely brilliant. With a stationary bike they do get quite sweaty easily at the pad compared to using with an outdoor bike but do benefit from the quick dry although I will usually change soon after exercising so not bothered by it.

They are a small fit so while I’m a size 10 and went for the small, I might have preferred the Medium because although there is a drawstring top and a bit of stretch I still have to give them a good tug and a wriggle to them on which I feel at some point may break the threads. I love the fact they have the non-slip rubber around the leg cuffs and the pocket at the base of my back which although is very small will still fit my keys easily (3 plus a keyring). There are a few layers in between so shouldn’t be too uncomfortable and they don’t bulge too much at the back.

The only other downside I can think of is the material can catch quite easily – already caught it with my nail which didn’t do much damage so I would just say be careful when washing with anything else with zips and with rings when getting them on and off. Highly recommended though!