Ultrasport Ski/Snowboard Helmet Race Edition
|Price:||£22.53 - £34.22|
- Adjustment ring allows continuous adjustment to any head size
- Outer shell polycarbonate, inner lining: polyester
- Ventilation system with 17 adjustable ventilation openings and mesh guard
- Safety standard EN 1077 Sizes: M = 22.4 - 22.8 ins (57 - 58 cm), L = 23.2 - 23.6 ins (59 - 60 cm), XL = 24 - 24.4 ins (61 - 62 cm)
- Colour: matte (black)
Visit the Ultrasport Store
Explore the full range of Ultrasport equipment and clothing for fitness, running, cycling, skiing and more, all available in the Ultrasport Store. Shop now.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The helmets fulfill the newest safety standard EN 1077. This stipulates testing of shock absorption, removability, and a chin strap test. TÜV/GS tested and certified.
Ultrasport Race Edition Ski & Snowboard Helmet
- Light-weight construction ensures great, comfortable fit
- Outer shell polycarbonate
- Shock-absorbent layer: EPS
- Inner lining: polyester
We have successfully produced ranges of products for sports and outdoor categories for many years. We distribute these products exclusively through Amazon under the brand name Ultrasport.
Discover more exclusive offers, great bargains, and product highlights--new each month in the Ultrasport product world.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. SAFETY. The adjustment strap on the back is worse than useless and cuts into the back of the neck, the helmet is much better after having removed this strap entirely. If wrongly adjusted the hard edges on this strap could be very dangerous and might injure the neck when the head tips back.
2. There is NO ADJUSTMENT to the ventilation. The product description lies. Your head will freeze solid in the colder weather without an additional skull-cap or balaclava.
3. It does not cover enough of the skull base at the back.
On the positive side;
1. It has the usual adjustments for the chinstrap.
2. There is some thin padding to separate your head from the expanded polystyrene inner shell.
3. There is a goggles retaining strap with a securing popper so they will not be detached and lost on impact.
4. The ear-pads are detachable/replaceable.
5. It claims to meet EN1077 Class B.
It does not help that all the supplied instructions are in German, and I asked a German friend to translate the finer details of them for me. I needn't have bothered as there is nothing useful that is not already obvious from looking at the helmet.Read more ›
I go snowboarding for 1 week a year - I used it for 6 days on the slopes. I can find little fault in it for the casual user. Yes the vents are not adjustable but apart from the vent on top they are blocked by the padding so they make little difference in any case. The tightening wheel can feel a little uncomfortable at times - mostly when you tilt your head back - but in six days of wearing, when I was actually on the slope I never even realised I had the helmet on.
This was my first experience of using a helmet and I found pretty much all I needed in this item, its not perfect but fine for the casual user.
a. Doesn't fit.
b. Looks far too small.
Therefore, if you have a small / medium head. Buy it. If not, you will look rediculous and feel very uncomfortable.
I would recommend the GIRO x-large helmet.
Not the sexiest helmet ever but it looks protective and that what matters.
I had to get rid of the back-head size adjuster as it was not comfortable when looking up at the wing. (I was lucky the helmet is a tight fit)
Presumably for snow sports this would not be an issue :)
This helmet looked the job. For a start it looks pretty cool, with a racy form made from nice matt black plastic. The helmet is sculpted in such a way as to hold the strap of your goggles in place. There's also fixing strap at the back of the helmet, which closes with a pop stud to keep your goggles with you if you should wipe out and knock them loose.
The removable ear-warmers integrate into the straps do a good job of covering your ears, but have mesh in them so that you don't end up deaf to your ski buddies. (Last year one of our friends never knew when we were talking to her because of her ear pads). They're also positioned in such a way that they don't put pressure on the arms of your sunglasses should goggles not be necessary.
The chin strap fastener can be opened and closed by gloved hands, though it is a little fiddly, while the head tightness is adjusted by a knob set at the back of the head, which can be adjusted by gloved fingers. There's also plenty of aeration to prevent you head getting too hot and sweaty and the whole thing is nice and light. The ventilation is not, as has been pointed out elsewhere, adjustable, so in really poor conditions you might suffer from head freeze.
Impact protection is certified, so you can only hope that it is sufficient, without taking a knock I couldn't really say. It is certainly better than nothing at all.Read more ›
The whole experience was initially confusing as I never previously wore a helmet, but after a few hours I thought nothing of it and eventually never noticed I was wearing it.
I could happily recommend this helmet, and my friends were quite impressed with it too. Especially at the price
Most Recent Customer Reviews
not tested with a collision, but feels solid, looks good and does the jobPublished 2 months ago by d 100
Arrived on time and XL just fits my head to replace my rather battered one I've had for 10 years.Published 3 months ago by chris Parrot
An uncomfortable fit both over my forehead and at the back, where the adjusting mechanism bites into my neck. I should've taken more notice of the negative reviews.Published 3 months ago by Roadrunner55Zzz
It was the first time I had worn a helmet and it was very comfortable and warm, too.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
the neck adjustment is a poor design as it digs into your neck. It is value for money but would not recommend...Published 4 months ago by Macca