Customer reviews

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I love my gadgets and I am just starting to run. I thought this would motivate me to get going.

First the good points. It tells the time. The time is corrected to the exact time by connecting to the GPS signal. This would keep this exact and accurate.

To be honest, I think that that is the end of the list of good points.

Setting up this watch was a nightmare. The instructions are unclear and the watch is really fiddly to set up. Even setting the correct time was a huge task. The watch has a very annoying beep which can be switched off if only you could work out how. The trouble is, the more buttons you press to try to work out how to switch the beep off, the more irritating it becomes.

The display is very old fashioned. Looks like a 1980s watch. One of the selling points is that this is 'slimline'. It is the chunkiest watch I have ever worn. There is no way of using a stopwatch without starting the GPS which then saps the battery. The alarms have to be set from the setup menu of the watch which is crazy, as does the timer duration. You have to stop running and put your finger on the bar to take a pulse - it won't do it while you are running. My hands were cold this morning, so it did not register my pulse at all.

The GPS facility is slow to connect and when it eventually does, the customised display is very difficult to interpret. It uses very obscure icons for speed and pace and altitude so, at a glance, it is quite difficult to see what on earth is going on.

The computer software is very old looking. Downloading the data from the watch is slow and the clip that connects to the computer has to be wiggled make a decent connection. When it did eventually connect, it took the data off the watch and showed the route I had run on a Google map. Not terribly accurate without any annotation. The next time I connected the watch up to the computer, the software crashed and I had to restart it. When I tried to retrieve the data again, I was told there was no data on the watch and my first 2 days runs had been lost completely. As far as I can see, there is no way to print out reports etc. Just not what you would expect in this price range.

I have an iPhone. I have downloaded the Nike running app. This cost about a hundreth of the price of this watch and does absolutely everything and so much more. I thought it would be easier not to have to strap the iPhone to my arm but I have changed my mind.

In summary - this is a terrible watch. I don't give one star lightly but this has been a very frustrating experience. The iPhone/iPod Touch app is SO SO SO SO much better.

See one answered question