Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 21 June 2014
Size: Large|Colour: Navy|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I say suit, but the first thing I observed was that while the jacket is navy blue, the trousers are black, which isn’t immediately obvious from the description but which you can see, if you look carefully, from the pictures.

On the basis of a little testing I’d say that this suit is both waterproof and breathable. There’s no rain today, but I am watering my new lawn and took the opportunity to stand in the spray for several occasions. No evidence that the water can get in – the seams are well sealed. I suspect that if I sprayed water onto the front for the jacket long enough the water would find its way through, and the storm flap is sealed by 2 inch strips of Velcro (with about 6 inches in between), rather than a continuous strip. This, however, is normal for light to medium weight jackets, including the one I currently use for hillwalking, and in practice I haven’t found it to be much of an issue. The hood is detachable, and the whole thing is lined throughout. This is a fairly lightweight garment – it weighs just 950g, even when slightly wet.

I stand about 5’11” tall and have a chest of about 43”, and the jacket fits me very well with “summer” clothing on underneath. Currently I’m wearing a polo shirt and a fleece – any more layers and I think movement would start to become restricted. With just the polo it felt very loose – my golf swing (such as it is) is unimpeded. The trouser and arm legs are long enough – I imagine that someone of 6’1” at least would find it long enough.

Having been wearing it for a couple of hours on a fairly warm day there is no hint of perspiration building up inside so I’m content with its breathability properties. It’s well over 20 years since Mr Gore took out his patents, so I find it hard to believe that anyone makes the impermeable plastic raincoats/cagoules that I remember from my youth, where the result of any physical exercise was to make you as wet from retained seat as you might have been had you let the rain in. It is as good as the best examples on the market today – difficult to say, but as far as I can tell it’s certainly not noticeably inferior.

There are two largish pockets in the front of the jacket, and two in the trousers, all with zips. There is not, however, any way to reach through the trousers to pockets in whatever trousers you are wearing underneath. I wouldn’t have thought to mention it but for the fact that the product description does: it does have reflective lettering, but to the front an side only, so if you’re walking/running on roads at night motorists are not going to see those.

It don’t suppose it will last long if subjected to high wear like scrambling over rocks or walking through thorns, but for golf or normal rambling it should serve for a good long time. Good value. No ideas why it's called Harry, though!
VINE VOICEon 22 July 2014
Size: Small|Colour: Navy|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The rain suit consists of a hooded zip up water proof jacket and elasticated waterproof trousers that have pull chords.
Both jacket and trousers are lined with a polyester breathable fabric. The suit is lightweight but feels like a quality product. The rain suit in a small size would fit a slender male about 5 ft 8 to 5 ft 10 in height.height. There is enough room for clothing underneath but not too many layers. The suit when worn outside will protect against the wind but will get warm if worn around in the summer between showers despite being made of breathable fabrics. Its very waterproof. I have tested it in rain and also sprayed a hose pipe over my son wearing it and have found that water just runs off it keeping undergarments bone dry. I have used other waterproofs which eventually start to get waterlogged after being in rain for long periods.This rain suit does not do that and offers very good protection against wet weather.
The suit drys quickly because the water runs off it rather than soaking in.
£80 pounds may seem expensive but when you consider this is a jacket and bottoms that are actually waterproof and very good quality they are a good investment.
I did notice that the bottoms are black and the top is Blue which is a little strange as you would think it would be all Navy but to be honest you would hardly notice.
If you are interested in outdoor walking activities, rambling, bird watching, hiking, or doing activities such as Duke of Edinburgh Awards and need a waterproof of good quality kit I would recommend this rain suit.
VINE VOICEon 18 July 2014
Size: X-Large|Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a fab waterproof outfit. I thought it would look a bit anoraky and ridiculous, but it looks like normal outer wear - especially the jacket. Very tasteful. Also - it doesn't look or feel plasticy, and is fairly breathable and cool. It's super well-made - feels and looks excellent quality. I would recommend ordering a size up however. The XL is only slightly too big for a medium person. The arm and leg lengths are nice and generous, so would fit even a tall person. I am very pleased with this and will be wearing it a lot in autumn and spring, when its not cold enough for a big padded coat, but still very wet. Maybe living in Wales wont be quite so wet this year.
on 10 July 2014
Size: XX-Large|Colour: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I find ultrasport clothing a bit tight so this was ideal at 1 size too big. It fits nicely and is comfortable to wear. The fabric does not stop ventilation to the point of becoming a sweaty mess and they are very waterproof, with the water beading up nicely and not being absorbed at all. This has gone into my bag for my cycling commute and i would not be without it.