on 10 April 2012
After spending many an afternoon either running alongside or riding on my bike very slowly next to my kids (4 and 7 years old) as they rode their scooters, I decided the best option was to join them!

I wanted a sturdy scooter at a reasonable price that would be strong enough and big enough for a grown man (I'm 14st/196lb 6'2") and this seemed to fit the bill. I ordered the 20.5cm wheel in black and it is great. The only point to note is the head bracket feels a little cheap and there is slight play in it but no real concern. It is strong, light (aluminium construction) and the foot plate is plenty long enough for my size 13 feet in boots. The break is not overly keen but serves its purpose adequately.

I have been out with the kids several times over the last week or so and it is brilliant. No trip to the shop is complete without us three 'bezzing' on our scooters now.

For £30 you really can't go wrong!
11 Comment| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2016
Background: I am an adult university student - I was looking for a cheaper mode of transport than a bike!

I am SO happy with this scooter. The top size is easily big enough for me (I am 5 ft 4 / 5) and the big wheels mean that is it actually really fast. If I travel with a friend on a bike, if they cycle at a reasonable pace I can still keep up. Most of my friends laughed when I told them I was thinking of getting a scooter, but now some of them think it was actually a pretty good idea given how fast it is and how inexpensive it is. Also, the big wheels make it easier to survive potholes and Cambridge cobbles. The scooter is slightly too big to fold up into a bag, but small enough that it is easy to store and no one has ever had a problem with me taking it into libraries, lectures and classes.

The brake and the kick stand are good and easy to use. (Although for the kick stand, normally you need to put it out with your hand - you can't just kick it.) There is more than enough space on the handlebars to attach a light. Very happy!

Note - I would not recommend the big wheels to very small children - the scooter really does go very fast.
on 28 February 2016
It's probably the cheapest scooter on Amazon, suitable for adult commuting and with 20.5cm wheels. In short, it works and works acceptably well (like - it didn't break on 3rd use). But the overall quality is not great and there are a lot of little problems, none of which is a real showstopper, but a little annoyance.

The scooter constantly requires little adjustments and tuning. There are two nuts holding the steering column in place and they are supposed to lock on each other, but despite me trying everything, I have to tighten or loosen them almost daily - otherwise it's either too tight to steer (and probably increased wear in bearings) or the steering column can travel up/down and lean forwards/backwards, which is a clearly unsafe. Also the handlebar and the wheel easily get out of alignment although I tightened the fixing screw as much as possible.

The handlebar is not solid - the actual handles can be detached to make it more compact, but when attached, they don't sit well in place. This doesn't really interfere with steering, so not a big deal.

Step-on brake on rear wheel works fine, unless it's wet. And for the UK climate this means almost never. You can stop on flat or almost flat road and can slow down on a minor descent. But you have to think far in advance and maybe even walk as the breaking distance will be huge if you need to stop.

After a few months of using it 2-4 times a week, the platform shows some signs of wear - the black paint comes off. Fortunately, this seems to be just paint - the foot grip still feels very strong and no chance of slipping on the platform.
on 10 July 2015
It was the only one I found tall enough for an adult in a good price range. It's a good height, tall enough for a teen. It said it could take the weight of a man, but the platform actually broke - cracked and split - after a few months use by a normal sized teen girl.
Seemed a bit flimsy but I didn't expect it to break like that.
on 13 August 2016
This was a bit of a hit and miss. One of the handles didnt secure into place and got stuck so I am a bit cautious. Rode on the pavement for a few miles and the wheels are already showing signs of buckling. It has saved me quite a bit of time getting into uni and the bright colour ensures motorists see me. The stand doesn't really kick down as i'd expect it to. I have to pull it with my hand as using my foot pushes it away.
on 11 December 2016
After 1 year with about 3 mile weekly use:
- Do not forget the scooter outside some parts rust easily.
- I had to change the ball bearing but it is an easy job.
- it is not a top quality scooter but is very good value for money nevertheless.
on 24 May 2017
Bought it for my three year old thinking the adjustable handle bars would go down to his level but the lowest hole was still to high. Made a hole lower down and it is perfect for him. He loves it and is never off it. Thinking about getting one for myself as I can't keep up with him when we're out. Definitely worth the money.
on 10 May 2017
Very nice and lightweight..Wheel perfect size and gives him smooth ride. my son is over the moon, very happy to ride his scooter...Prompt delivery,
on 8 March 2017
Good quality
on 28 September 2014
Unlike most scooters this one is good up to 100 kg
Bought it for my son and he is very happy with it