on 1 October 2017
Fits in the palm of my hand. When fully charged it puts enough charge into my S7 edge take it from empty to 50%. Really happy with this product. It comes with a charger lead and a dinky little carry bag. Charge from mains to fill the power core and when needed conect to phone, tablet etc press the end the connector goes into and a green light comes on to show you are charging your phone. A red light comes on when the power core is empty.
Not sure how long the power core holds full charged when not in use.
on 24 July 2017
Simple to charge and to then use - The Anker PowerCore+ is supplied with the wire you need to charge IT - once it's charged, you just use your own phone's USB charging wire to transfer the charge into your phone. We also bought a shorter lightening charger lead (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MDUZHUA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to keep with it - it's very small, so we just keep it in the pouch (supplied) - it isn't essential, but we do find it convenient to have (as my wife never remembers to grab the charging wire on the way out!)
on 23 October 2017
Bought this and the Astro E1 at the same time. I enjoy a lot of outdoor activities and these have proven their worth in giving both full recharges and needed battery boosts for a range of items from the iPhone to my Garmin Edge 1000. They are both permanent items in my rucksack or cycle panniers and get charged up as and when needed.

Anker have superb customer service, I have bought other products from them before and have also asked them for advice on portable solar panels. They are great and their products good too.

I feel that the PowerCore+ is the better product, it holds less charge but is very compact (claimed to be lipstick sized) but it certainly fits in the pen holder pockets in my laptop rucksack which is ideal.
on 31 August 2017
I am updating the below review. After writing my earlier review I was contacted Immediately by Anker, who apologised for the initial faulty item and refunded straight away. The replacement one I bought has been working fine so far. So.. big up for the customer service , and this time round for the item itself too.

Original review: I loved this for the first few goes but then it stopped working, it only works if I hold the charger at a certain angle - and it's not the apple usb cables I'm using to charge my iPhone with this, as have tried several. Clearly a loose connection inside. However my mother-in-law has the same item and it works perfectly so I've just bought another in the hope that this one is better. Getting blue this time so I don't confuse it with my pink faulty one!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2017
Works as you'd expect, high quality and easy to use.
You'll get about one charge for newer phones. This is perfect as an emergency charger.

Keep in mind to top the battery up as it will discharge over time
on 17 July 2017
I tried this on my iPad Pro and was happy when it charged it to 50% before running out of steam. That was its first trial. I have not tried my iPhone yet as it has a wireless connection at present. The unit is small and can be easily carried. It comes with a pouch to keep the charging unit and charging wires in. I can also store the short iPhone cable in the there
on 14 May 2016
I bought 2 of these chargers (for me and my gf) and I can only speak about one of them, used for an iPhone 5s. My gf usually charge this phone whenever the battery reaches the 30-40% mark and this charger can fully charge the battery and still have some capacity for another round. So she is pretty satisfied with it, especially if you think of its price. Plus it's very stylish and small.
I haven't tried it on my iPhone 6s so I might come back for an update when I have the chance to do so... Fortunately the battery of 6s is so good, that I didn't need to use this device for it! :)
on 1 December 2015
Well I have had this for several months now and it has got me out of several situations. I have seemed to have gained an addiction for power banks, maybe I can predict a zombie apocalypse? Who knows, but I now have loads of them!

I really like the tubular design, if it's in your pocket, it's less noticeable than a rectangle one. It takes longer to charge than my other single units but it is a higher capacity.

It's well made and charges a OnePlus One 1 and a bit times from about 25%.
on 6 January 2016
I bought two of these , one for myself and one for my husband. I contacted Anker about a couple of queries I had about the unit eg how do you know when it is fully charged (when the green light comes on) and how many times I should be able to charge my phone and/or my iPad. For my particular phone a Samsung this was twice , for my iPad mini , 30% is about average for this size charger, but as this would only be used in emergencies that is fine for me.
If you want more power then you need a more powerful charger. I keep mine in my handbag mainly for my phone in emergencies ,as I rarely carry my iPad about.
The response I had from Anker was prompt, courteous and informative. I am very happy with this product.
on 6 April 2016
Bought two of these chargers to use at my daughters wedding in a months time. I have tried both and they appear to work well. They do take a few hours to charge but I expected this.
I will update after the day and let's hope they keep our Lumia phones taking photos and videos all day.

These were fantastic and we have the full day of photos and videos on our phones and I have just bought another one as my son and daughter took the other two