on 28 March 2017
Now I have used it - brilliant - it charged up my phone in speedy time and is going to be great for holiday trips. UPDATE; After a fantastic ski trip (Andorra - I can highly recommend the place!) this booster charger was very useful - I took photos to my hearts content not worrying about loss of power (apart from my legs!)
Please can you make one for human energy & endurance! If that worked as well as this product I could have carried on skiing long past the end of the day!!!
on 14 March 2016
Really put it to use for the first time this weekend. I had tried it a few weekends ago and thought it lost charge (despite never using it) as I forgot to push the tiny "on" button. This past weekend, phone was down to 17% and after plugging in, back up and fully charged in no time (albeit not as fast as if you had a regular charger). While it comes with a cable to re-charge it from your computer, it does not come with a USB cable to charge it to your phone so remember to put one in the little bag with you.

**updated 26/6/2016** After multiple uses when I'm in the city, it works great and easily takes my phone up from 10-15% to over 50% in about 20min. The only downside, I think, is that it doesn't have any sort of indicator light to let you know when it needs to be recharged (and maybe it doesn't on purpose, as a way of using all it's juice for your electrics) and several times I've gone out and it won't even charge my phone for more than 5min without it cutting​ out (because I've forgotten to re-charge it after the last use) so you don't know that it doesn't have enough juice to do anything. Would still purchase again though.
on 11 March 2017
Review after two months of daily use. Excellent battery pack. Compact in physical size yet good energy density. Charges up quickly, and does seem to charge other products -- iPhone, gps, tablet -- 'intelligently' (i.e. at different rates). Very well made, and quite nice to handle because of it. Holds charge well. Cons? Well, it's compact, so it doesn't hold that much stored charged, but ideal to carry around to get you through a day.
on 21 August 2016
This is brilliant. I have severe, chronic illnesses and disabilities and bought this for when I am taken into hospital in an emergency and my phone isn't charged. I have a charger in my bag but in a+e, there aren't plug sockets like on a ward and this enables me to keep my phone charged up so I can let people know I am in hospital. It's a really nice colour that goes well with the colour of my phone. It's easy to use and I would definitely recommend.
on 25 August 2016
The battery on my old Nexus 4 is not up to much anymore and this great little battery allows me to continuing using my phone at the end of the day on the way home. Sizing is like a large lipstick, actually two lipsticks. It charges up quickly from the laptop or from mains in super-quick time and will charge up my Nexus to full in about 30 minutes whilst I continue to use the phone. Uses the same reversible cable for charging up the Anker battery and the phone battery: charge up the Anker by plugging the slim connector into the battery and USB into the laptop or mains plug; charge the phone battery by reversing the cable and plugging the USB into the Anker and the slim connector into the phone. Very convenient. I never leave home without it.
on 26 September 2016
It's not bad, this little charger, you can charge it up quite quickly, and it's small enough to sit at the bottom of your bag till you need it. the trouble is that it's very slow in charging your phone. If you're using Maps on you iPhone, for instance, it charges it more slowly than the app uses the battery. And just sitting in my bag doing nothing while i walked around, it took a good hour to charge it by 15%. So it's OK, just not particularly wonderful.
on 24 July 2017
Simple to charge and to then use - The Anker PowerCore+ is supplied with the wire you need to charge IT - once it's charged, you just use your own phone's USB charging wire to transfer the charge into your phone. We also bought a shorter lightening charger lead (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MDUZHUA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to keep with it - it's very small, so we just keep it in the pouch (supplied) - it isn't essential, but we do find it convenient to have (as my wife never remembers to grab the charging wire on the way out!)
on 8 May 2017
I have always set great store by Anker products and these Power Banks I bought for my grandchildren are no exception. Just the right size for them and more than enough juice to charge their iPads. In fact, they were so good I bought another 2 slightly more powerful ones for their parents. Keep up the good work Anker and we will keep buying.
on 8 July 2015
A recent purchase so have only used it a couple of times to charge my mobile phone. More than happy with the speed of charging, and the speed of re-charging the charger. This is an extremely well designed product, and it has a very solid feel to it that suggests it could last for a long while. It comes with a small carry bag to protect it from dust and small knocks. I looked at several alternatives before settling on this one. Specifically the compact size, and robust construction made the difference. Many others are too big or come with unnecessary additions. In use this is easily held in the hand while making a call or texting etc so there is no need to wait while it charges. All in all thus far a great purchase.
on 27 May 2017
I bought this item last year and initially I had problems with it not charging my phone to its full extent, so I had submitted a terrible review- completely unaware that it would impact anything. Due to this, AnkerDirect kindly emailed me a response saying how sorry they were to hear I had a bad experience and offered to send me a replacement for free. Once I received the replacement I've been using it everyday since, taking it to work with me and it's been great! In all my life of posting reviews good or bad, no company has offered me customer service as great as they have so I would definetly recommend buying- so worth it :)
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse