- Paperback: 376 pages
- Publisher: Marvel Comics; 01 edition (14 July 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0785143874
- ISBN-13: 978-0785143871
- Product Dimensions: 16.5 x 1.3 x 26 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 275,434 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Ultimates: Ultimate Collection TPB (Graphic Novel Pb) Paperback – 14 Jul 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book reboots the Avengers and starts right from the beginning, so no knowledge of the original Marvel universe is needed. What Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch have achieved here is really quite awesome, reading like a big-budget Hollywood movie. The characters and plot are grounded in real world settings and much more believable than the original Avengers. Yes, its a story about super heroes who dress up in crazy costumes but none the less it has a realistic, gritty quality which is quite amazing considering the subject. Millar has managed to give the characters real depth and Hitch's artwork has a photo-realistic quality rarely seen in comics.
Whether you are already a fan of Marvel or you're someone looking to try comics for the first time then you really can't do much better than this.
but if u pick up a 1980/1990/2000 avengers,xmen,or whatever,batman,superman,green lantern,or any pre/movies era graphic novel,u will note right away many differences.the rapidity with which events evolve,the lack of descriptive bubble and bubbles of thought from any of the caracter,(really,nobody think in this comic??!!nobody has a thought in they head?not even cap or fury?)everything it's direct dialog,the plot it's fast and very simple.a lot of splash pages again with very very limited dialogs,which makes the reading even faster,(376 pages?u can swallow them in less then 2 hours.)
let's say,it looks more like a story board of a possible new avengers movie,where the director say"...ok the camera will be here and this what happend,and this is what the cameraman has to catch..."
then again,iron man has a drink everytime he does'n have the suit on,(u don't see this since early 90's i think,not the best example for a superhero)giant men a super violent freak(that did not change,but they could have done something about it),bruce banner/hulk treated like a wild beast,used for battle and then thrown in some s.h.i.e.l.d. security cell stuffed with tranquilizers(hulk always had a bit of banner brain working,even in the worst of the moment(see planet hulk or w.w.hulk)here he is just plain ignorant)fury it's a copy of samuel l.jackson(i love it in the movie,but i just can't forget how it always looked like in g.novels)..the two that save themself are cap and thor.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Having read up on the Ultimates: Ultimate Collection before buying, I was concerned that it would follow the same course as the ultimate avengers one and two animated films. Read morePublished on 18 Oct. 2012 by Galsa
I've used this book to succesfully introduce a half dozen people to comic books, so that's the context I'll recommend it in. Read morePublished on 12 Dec. 2011 by Theo
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Genre > Super-Heroes
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Dark Horse
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Fantagraphics
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Hamlyn
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Image Comics
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Titan Books