on 18 January 2012
I bought this as a little gift for my soon-to-be husband and he absolutely loves it. He is a dedicated surfer and said that this book has made him yearn to ride every wave featured in every glorious destination in the book. It's colourful, it's fun and it's a must-have apparently for those who like to surf :-)
on 26 October 2010
Picked up this book a couple of days ago and have honestly not found such a useful resource to the worlds best surf spots. an infinitive guide that all surfers, intermediate through to advanced, should get a copy of- easy to read format, well writen and great photos.
on 3 November 2010
Loved it - great pics, fascinating copy with lots of little known facts. And lots of little known spots too. Got me itching to hit the road!
on 23 November 2010
There are lots of guides out there, and lots of inspirational/dreamers hardbacks - trouble is, there's not much inbetween, until this came along. The Stormrider Guides are great 'if' you know where you want to go, but what this does well, is give you a snapshot of global surf locations, many of which you won't have heard of, the facts and figures and what they offer (plus inspiring pix to go with them) to help you decide where that next dream mission will be. (Then you can do your full research after that). Alf's Surf UK has been really handy over the last decade - and this will likewise stay close at hand to help keep me plotting for that next surf trip.
on 17 November 2010
I open this book 2 to 3 times every day: once in the morning, once before surfing and once after surfing!
There are so many locations in this book of which I had never heard, let alone heard of surfing at; let alone having had surfed in!
Every surf break location has an incredible photo; sometimes so exotic and always a smashing image!
I am on a surf trip at the moment in Australasia, influenced in part by Ultimate Surfing Adventures: 100 Extraordinary Experiences in the Waves; although i didn't bring it with me!
A great book that will fill any stocking and a smashing christmas gift - I am stoked with this book!
on 27 October 2010
I got this book for my birthday from my folks who usually buy me something surf related which i never use or need! Having surfed all over the world i didn't expect to find much in the book that would excite me or i'd never heard of. Comoros Islands!?? Where the hell are they?? It looks perfect...Uncrowded waves in Madagascar?? Ghana? Uruguay?

Good pictures, great guidelines on cost, hazards etc without giving away too many secrets and making it too easy and taking away the adventure.

Top Guide that has given me the buzz to start saving and exploring again!
on 29 December 2012
I bought this for my brother for Christmas as he's a big surfer and he really liked it - the book is of good quality and I would definitely recommend it.
on 27 January 2011
I gave this to my Brother-in-Law for Christmas as he's a surfer. He was very impressed with the book so it was a good buy!
on 4 March 2011
A great surfing travel book, well written with different photos and spots than the norm. Dream away as you read this excelent book.
on 10 November 2010
A truly inspiring book, a must have for anyone interested in surfing the lesser known areas. Good book with detailed information and fantastic photos in which to plan future adventures and to tick off as each destination is visited!