on 13 March 2017
all good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 July 2015
Great book. Well written. Very engaging. Explained in a way that 'everything' was easy to understand. Compliments. Thanks.
review image
on 17 April 2016
My main problem with the book is that it is more considered by the author as a medium to advertise his website and claiming to provide a free supplement is just not true. In each chapter he just refers to a general link and says you can find the tools there! The link is just nurture marketing to get your email address for his future marketing. Such a shame. And, for the content, it is not worth it to pay even a dime! I really preferred Learning Google AdWords and Google Analytics Mangold, Benjamin. It was much better and useful book for me.
on 5 February 2007
I came across this little gold mine of information while listening to Perry Marshall on a podcast. In the online marketing world Perry is considered to be the King of Adwords. If this were one of his e-books he would have charged over a hundred pounds. The good news for me and you is that he wants to build some credibility offline and one of the best ways to do that is to sell real book store books - not just downloads.

A big surpise (and added bonus) are the extra chapters on subjects like writing effective web copy and email marketing.

I ran my first AdWords campaign about 4 years ago and I thought I had a good idea of how it all worked - how wrong could I have been. It's an easy way to blow your credit card limit in just a few days if you do it wrong. Perry has given me some ideas I had just never considered.

For just over a tenner this book is a bargain and should pay for itself a 1,000 times over.
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 November 2017
Good book but new version of adwords running now. Make sure you get the latest version
on 12 November 2007
I thought advertising on Google was easy until I read this! This book is packed with so much information, tips and useful resources that I tweaked one of my online businesses using some of these strategies (results below):

- Peel and Stick: creating a new campaign for different sets of keywords appealing to different sets of searchers.

- Using Negative keywords and exact matches, to improve your relevance, click through rate, your average position and reduce your cost per click.

- Split-testing, making sure you are always testing out which ad is better for your campaign by battling two against each other and testing their performance.

- Writing an effective ad- by promoting benefits first and features second.

They appear straightforward, but only once you know them! Since implementing his strategies, I've managed to get click through rates of over 10% (unheard of in this industry!) and an average position of 1-3 for some popular search terms.

And its helped improve my conversions over 25x and triple my sales.

It's easy to see why Perry Marshall is the king of adwords and is well-renowned around the world. New and experienced Adwords users should buy this book. Just one of his tips can make a huge difference to your bottom line.
on 5 July 2007
The book offers a good deal of information about how to set up a Google AdWords campaign. The principles taught are mostly correct even though some of them are outdated since Google is constantly updating the ranking algorithm.

As an example it's not possible anymore to generate decent traffic at low cost as the AdWords algorithm will rise the minimum allowed bid on niche cheap keywords after few days of your campaign.

The book is overall raising unreasonable expectations about generating high traffic to a website with a limited budget.

The writing style is juvenile and not up to standard with what you would expect from professional book.
on 12 December 2008
This book is good value as a basic introduction to using Adwords if you can live with the very american style in which it is written. Doesn't go into any great depth but it introduces quite a few useful concepts such as peel and stick. There is also some general guidance on marketing and advertising priciples which I found useful but which might be annoying if you already know about these areas. At the price it is a good introduction and an easy read, but you might want something with a bit more substance to it if you already have some Adwords experience. They are pushing their luck to describe it as the 'Ultimate Adwords Guide', but it is good for beginners.
on 12 April 2007
This book really is packed with lots of useful tips to help you run a successful Google Adwords campaign. As a professional internet marketing company we use a lot of these techniques ourselves on our client's accounts. It is very easy to waste money on Adwords if you are not careful (unfortunately we see a lot of clients who have). This book will pay for itself many times over if you read it carefully and apply his methods. The book is also written in a very accessible format so it is easy to understand if you are new to Adwords or a seasoned professional.
on 21 February 2008
This book has allowed me to understand Google addwords BUT it is very 'American' By that I mean that the American way to 'riches' is too sell information on how to make money and this book is a taster to get people to sign up to their web site and get pulled in as a paying customer. The 'free' add on is largely pod casts of these people telling you how marvellous and clever they are- which I am sure they are but to pull you in they cant tell you all....otherwise how could they entice you in as a paying customer?
In summary its a good starter to get a feel of addwords- I certainly had missed out and wasted money but I am looking for a more professional analysis without the 'American hook'.