Ultimate Ears Megablast Bluetooth Speaker, Portable Wi-Fi/Loud Waterproof Wireless Speaker with Amazon Alexa Voice Control - Graphite Black
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Ultimate sound: Ultimate Ears powerful speaker with 360 degrees intensely rich sound, high clarity and heart-pounding bass; with up to 12 hours of battery, it brings your music to life wherever you take it
- With Amazon Alexa hands-free voice control: Just ask Alexa to blast tunes from Amazon music*, Spotify or* TuneIn, change tracks, check the weather or try any of Alexa's skills
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled: Use the Alexa voice service at home or on the go whenever connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot or stream music via Bluetooth from your phone
- Waterproof and virtually indestructible: Never worry about going easy on it, your music will always be on point; the speaker is IP67 rated and can be immersed in water up to 1 m for 30 minutes
- Update your speaker with the Ultimate Ears app as new features become available; operating system requirements are iOS 10.2 or android 5.0
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM Bluetooth/Wireless Speaker (Waterproof and Shockproof) - Charcoal Black
Ultimate Ears Blast Bluetooth Speaker, Portable Wi-Fi/Loud Waterproof Wireless Speaker with Amazon Alexa Voice Control - Graphite Black
Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Bluetooth Speaker Waterproof with Double-Up Connection - Black and Grey, Pack of 2
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Wireless/Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof and Shockproof) - Black/Grey
Sony SRS-XB21 Portable Wireless Waterproof Speaker with Extra Bass and 12-Hour Battery Life - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||3B-IT Ltd||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk|
|Colour||Black||Charcoal Black||Black||Grey + Black (Combo)||Black/Grey||Black|
|Item Dimensions||23.6 x 8.8 x 8.8 cm||15 x 0.1 x 25 cm||18.8 x 6.8 x 18.8 cm||9.4 x 9.4 x 10.41 cm||6.7 x 6.7 x 18 cm||6.5 x 19.3 x 7.2 cm|
|Item Weight||1.19 kg||0.89 kg||0.64 kg||425 grams||0.55 kg||0.53 kg|
|Special Feature||Hands Free Functionality; Dual Docking||Waterproof and Shockproof||Hands Free Functionality; Dual Docking||WIRELESS CAPABILITIES • Pair up to 8 Bluetooth enabled source devices • Connect up to two source devices at the same time • Wirelessly play (stream) to 2 WONDERBOOM from one source||Waterproof and Shockproof||Hands Free Functionality; Bluetooth Pairing|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Colour Name: Black | Style Name: Without Power Up
Meet Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST, Ultimate Ears' powerful portable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth speaker with big, bassy 360 degrees sound and hands-free voice control. Now with Amazon Alexa built-in, you and your crew can blast tunes, discover new music, order takeout, and more, with just the power of your voice. Do it all at home or on-the-go, even take calls without killing the music whenever connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot. MEGABLAST is waterproof, rugged, and stunning too - go from cocktail party to the pool party with confidence and style. Just say it to play it with MEGABLAST from Ultimate Ears.
- Enjoy intensely rich 360 degrees sound, stunning clarity, and heart-pounding bass wherever you go
- Control your music hands-free through far-field voice recognition and Amazon Alexa built-in
- Up to 330 feet/100 m range on Wi-Fi and 150 feet/45 m on Bluetooth lets you move around freely
- MEGABLAST is IP67 rated and can be immersed in water up to 1 m for 30 minutes
- Add features as they become available through the Ultimate Ears app
Ultimate Sound -Ultimate Ears' big, loud, and elegant speaker yet, Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST is powerful. Blasting 360 degrees rich sound with stunning clarity and deep, heart-pounding bass, this Wi-Fi/Bluetooth speaker will bring your music to life in its full glory wherever you take it.
ULTIMATE VOICE CONTROL -Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST comes with hands-free Amazon Alexa built right in. Just ask Alexa to blast tunes, discover new music, crank the volume, find new restaurants or try any of Alexa’s crazy skills. Use Alexa anywhere your speaker goes, all you need is Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot.
The Music Never Stops - Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST brings Wi-Fi to the portable speaker party and connects directly to the cloud. Enjoy fast, seamless music streaming and a bigger range to roam and dance. Anyone can DJ. And even take calls without stopping the music and killing the vibe.
Seriously Waterproof and Virtually Indestructible -Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST is rugged and seriously waterproof. Never worry about going easy on it. From the shower to the pool party, the summer BBQ to the winter slopes–your music will always be on point.
From the manufacturer
Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST
Meet Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST, our most powerful portable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth speaker with big, bassy 360° sound and Amazon Alexa hands-free voice control built-in. Now with Wi-Fi, stream high audio quality, blast tunes, discover new music, order takeout, and more, with just the power of your voice.
Do I need an Echo / Dot to control MEGABLAST?
No, you don't need another Alexa device. Alexa is already built into MEGABLAST.
Does MEGABLAST support all Alexa commands/features?
MEGABLAST supports nearly all Alexa commands and skills. Features that are not supported include Alexa voice or video calling, Drop-in, notifications and messaging.
What music services are supported through Wi-Fi/voice versus Bluetooth?
Connect to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to control music with your voice from Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer or TuneIn or use the Spotify app to play music to our speaker. Stream any music service through Bluetooth.
Can I pair multiple speakers?
Support will be added later this year for pairing multiple BLAST and MEGABLAST speakers. Please note: MEGABLAST cannot be paired with other Ultimate Ears speaker such as BOOM, MEGABOOM, ROLL or WONDERBOOM.
Does the Ultimate Ears app for MEGABLAST and BLAST support all the same features as the BOOM and MEGABOOM apps?
No. Volume control and EQ are already supported, remote ON/OFF will follow soon. Grouping will be supported later this year, but works differently than Party-Up. MEGABLAST and BLAST will only group with each other, not other Ultimate Ears speakers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The sound is surprisingly rich and full and covers all ranges very well. You will need the power up charging dock for always-on Alexa which I managed to sort. You can play and stream most services via wifi or bluetooth (Spotify hopefully will be able to stream on wifi soon with updates but at the mo, on bluetooth. I've been using the speaker a couple of weeks now and I'm very pleased and it's turning out to be a worthwhile investment. Would recommend.
- The UE device is either turned on or off, so if you user the timer or Alarm options on the Echo they will only work if you have the unit turned on (it tends to power itself off after 15 minutes if it is not playing - which makes sense as a rechargeable device). This can be a little annoying as I used to get the echo to set a reminder for key conference calls (as the outlook reminder usually gets hidden at the bottom), so it means I have to remember to have the UE on at the time I have these alarms to 'ring'. The Echo didn't have this problem as it was always powered on in the background even when you're not using it.
- The UE doesn't always get what you are saying and tells you it is having difficulty, but this can be a little annoying when you are just trying to get it to pause whilst you take a call. I don't think I have quite so many issues with the Echo understanding/acting on simple commands.
- The sound is good, but is best quality when it is on a louder setting - I'm not sure I am getting best value from it just using it at my desk, the Echo I used previoulsy was fine at the volume levels I tend to use whilst at my desk (that one has now moved upstairs).
In summary the UE Megablast is good quality, a great looking device (I've got the red one) and looking forward to taking it outside with me in the summer, but I think it is horses for courses and the Echo I originally bought for my desk would have sufficed.
We already have a number of Echo-dots around the house 'plumbed' in to other devices to improve their sound quality e.g. by bluetooth into the stereo in the kitchen, same again in the lounge into our amp etc. So there is no real need to carry the UE around from room to room unless I am moving about a lot and don't want to keep turning devices on around the house as I go. Although there are other options to do this - which my husband has now implemented using a harmony hub etc. For someone who initially didn't want an echo/dot he's certainly bought a few and using them to control all sorts of appliances - turning on the TV/amp/Sky box before you get to the lounge, turning on lamps in other rooms before you get there etc.
I have never come across a speaker of that size that is so powerful and loud while also retaining amazing quality. I purchased this speaker the beginning of this year and I don't think I have ever been as satisfied with speakers other than this one. When on full volume these speaker still manages to keep the quality and doesn't distort in anyway. The speaker is rather heavy but it makes up for it in every other way. The alexa integration works really well and makes your life so much easier when wanting to find out a bit of information or just wanting the quickly listen a song without using your phone. I don't have one fault with the speaker and would highly recommend this to anyone looking for something loud, portable and of high quality.
The main difference between an Echo and a Megablast is the fact that an Echo is more of a voice control hub that also happens to have an integrated speaker, the Megablast is a high quality speaker that also happens to have Alexa voice control in it. The key thing here is if you intend on listening to a lot of music (anywhere you want to go) then in my humble opinion the Megablast operates in a whole different league of greatness.
Before I received this I had my Echo in my living room and the BOOM 2 in my Office. Main reason for getting the Megablast is because I never really rated the sound of my Echo for music playback so I have been waiting for something capable of doing all the Alexa stuff but most importantly with the sound quality of a purpose built audio device. As this is going to sit mainly in my living room I didn't want to go down the Echo Dot plugged into a speaker route as it looks a little ugly to be on show.
To start with the positives:
First and foremoust, the sound quality is immense, significantly more "oomph" than my BOOM 2, it sounds a lot bassier and warmer to listen to. The thing that jumped out more than anything is how crystal clear the mid and high top notes are. At 100% there was no reduction in sound quality, just very very loud.
I chose this wine colour, to me it's beautiful and a lot more unique than the usual black speakers but I am sure everyone has their own tastes here.
The app is a remarkable improvement on the old version, set up took me 2 mins, the only issue here was that I discovered you need to use Amazon Music at the moment if you want to control your music with voice through Alexa. I normally use Spotify but to be fair the Megablast came with 3 months free Amazon Music. * I should point out that you can listen to anything on your phone the standard way via bluetooth. I did some research online and discovered that no products can control Spotify using Alexa apart from Echo products at the moment. Hopefully this will change with a future update.
The packaging is superb. The product oozes quality, and comes held securely in the premium box.
The speaker connects via wi-fi - you don't have to worry about being in range anymore as long as you have internet connection.
You can carry Alexa anywhere! As long as you have a mobile connection or wi fi, it works -MAGIC!
Whilst at first glance, the form factor is similar to the older models, you can see that the new products are refined in appearance.
I can't comment on the charging dock which comes separately as I did not buy it yet but I think it's likely to be worth the extra for wireless charging. I will update my review when I try it out.
The only issues I have with the Migablast is the Spotify issue already mentioned and the fact you don't appear to have the option to pair speakers. For now I am going to give the benefit of the doubt that this is coming in a firmware update, I am not in a rush to buy another one yet but it would have been nice to pair my Boom 2 with my new speaker.
This speaker is outstanding, I am delighted with it but I would love to hear from Ultimate Ears if all the cool features in the older models are definitely coming to these speakers (or not)?
Most recent customer reviews