Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Ultimate Ears Blast Bluetooth Speaker, Portable Wi-Fi/Loud Waterproof Wireless Speaker with Amazon Alexa Voice Control - Graphite Black
|Price:||£153.96 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£46.03 (23%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultimate Sound: Ultimate Ears most powerful speaker with 360 degrees intensely rich sound, elegant clarity, and heart-pounding bass; with up to 12 hours of battery, it brings your music to life wherever you take it
- With Amazon Alexa hands-free voice control: Just ask Alexa to blast tunes from Amazon music or TuneIn, change tracks, check the weather - or try any of Alexa's skills
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled: Use the Alexa voice service at home or on the go whenever connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot or stream music via Bluetooth from your phone
- Waterproof and virtually indestructible: Never worry about going easy on it, your music will always be on point; the speaker is IP67 rated and can be immersed in water up to 1 m for 30 minutes
- Frequency range: 90Hz - 20kHz . Smarter over time: Update your speaker with the Ultimate Ears app as new features become available
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
Ultimate Ears Power Up Charging Dock for Blast and Megablast Portable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Speakers, Compact Design, Play Music While Charging - White
Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Wireless/Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof and Shockproof) - Black/Grey
Ultimate Ears Megablast Bluetooth Speaker, Portable Wi-Fi/Loud Waterproof Wireless Speaker with Amazon Alexa Voice Control - Graphite Black
Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM Obsidian Bluetooth/Wireless Speaker
Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Bluetooth Speaker Waterproof with Double-Up Connection - Black and Grey, Pack of 2
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Colour||Black||White||Black/Grey||Black||Obsidian||Grey + Black (Combo)|
|Item Dimensions||6.8 x 18.8 x 18.8 cm||9 x 9 x 1.7 cm||6.7 x 6.7 x 18 cm||8.8 x 23.6 x 8.8 cm||8.4 x 22.5 x 8.4 cm||9.35 x 9.35 x 10.19 cm|
|Item Weight||0.64 kg||113 grams||0.55 kg||1.19 kg||0.88 kg||425 grams|
|Speaker Connectivity||bluetooth/wireless||bluetooth/wireless||Bluetooth||bluetooth/wireless||3.5 mm Jack||bluetooth|
|Special Feature||Hands Free Functionality; Dual Docking||—||Waterproof and Shockproof||Hands Free Functionality; Dual Docking||Hands Free Functionality; Bluetooth Pairing||WIRELESS CAPABILITIES • Pair up to 8 Bluetooth enabled source devices • Connect up to two source devices at the same time • Wirelessly play (stream) to 2 WONDERBOOM from one source|
Colour Name: Black | Style Name: Without Power Up
Meet Ultimate Ears Blast, the portable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth speaker with bold, immersive 360 degrees sound and hands-free voice control. Now with Amazon Alexa built-in, you and your crew can blast tunes, crank the volume, order takeout and more, with just the power of your voice. Do it all at home or on-the-go, even take calls without killing the music whenever connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot. BLAST is waterproof, drop proof and has contemporary styling too - go from the shower to the beach party with confidence and style. Just say it to play it with BLAST from Ultimate Ears.
- Enjoy 360 degrees bold, immersive sound wherever you go
- Control your music hands-free through far-field voice recognition and Amazon Alexa built-in
- Upto 330 feet/100 m range on Wi-Fi and 150 feet/45 m on Bluetooth lets you move around freely
- BLAST is IP67 rated and can be immersed in water up to 1 m for 30 minutes
- Add features as they become available through the Ultimate Ears app
Ultimate Sound -Slim, portable and contemporary styling, Ultimate Ears BLAST is also powerful. Blasting 360 degrees bold, immersive, crystal clear sound, this Wi-Fi/Bluetooth speaker will bring your music to life in its full glory wherever you take it.
Ultimate Voice Control -Ultimate Ears BLAST comes with hands-free Amazon Alexa built right in. Just ask Alexa to blast tunes, change tracks, crank the volume, check the weather or try any of Alexa’s crazy skills. Use Alexa anywhere your speaker goes, all you need is Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot.
The Music Never Stops - Ultimate Ears BLAST brings Wi-Fi to the portable speaker party and connects directly to the cloud. Enjoy fast, seamless music streaming and a bigger range to roam and dance. Anyone can DJ. And even take calls without stopping the music and killing the vibe.
Seriously Waterproof and Virtually Indestructible - Ultimate Ears BLAST is drop proof, seriously waterproof and ready to rock any adventure. From the pool to the all-night beach party, the summer festivals to the winter slopes - your music will always be on point no matter how wild things get.
– Ultimate Ears BLAST – Micro USB cable – Power adapter 2-year manufacturer’s guarantee
From the manufacturer
It’s slim, super portable, and super stylin, but Ultimate Ears Blast is also insanely powerful. Blasting 360° of immersive, bold crystal clear sound, it will bring your music to life in its full glory wherever you take it.
Ultimate Voice Control
The Music Never Stops
Smarter over Time
With Ultimate Ears BLAST know that you’ll always have the latest features. With the Ultimate Ears app, update your speakers for new experiences and features as they become available. It keeps getting smarter and better.
Far-Field Voice Recognition
BLAST can hear you ask a question from any direction. Multiple microphones with beam forming technology and noise cancellation enable a smooth far-field voice recognition and control experience.
Amazon Alexa Built-in
BLAST is a standalone Alexa enabled device and does not require an Echo or Dot. Ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music, or access any of Alexa's skills to control your smart home devices, order pizza and more.
Download the Ultimate Ears app to connect your speaker to Wi-Fi and enable all features. BLAST is compatible with any Android or iOS devices. Use the Alexa Voice Service whenever connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot or stream music via Bluetooth from your phone.
|Hands-Free Voice Control||Amazon Alexa Enabled||Amazon Alexa Enabled||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Connectivity and Range||Wi-Fi 330 ft and Bluetooth 150 ft||Wi-Fi 330 ft and Bluetooth 150 ft||Bluetooth 100 ft||Bluetooth 100 ft||Bluetooth 100 ft|
|360 Sound||Loudest and most powerful||Unapologetically bold||Rich deep bass||Immersive and loud||Surprisingly big|
|Battery Life||Up to 16 hrs||Up to 12 hrs||20 hrs||15 hrs||10 hrs|
|Pair Speakers||N/A||N/A||Connect 2, 3… 150+ BOOM, BOOM 2 and MEGABOOM speakers to Party-Up||Connect 2, 3… 150+ BOOM, BOOM 2 and MEGABOOM speakers to Party-Up||Connect 2 WONDERBOOM speakers to Double-up|
|Additional Features, updates available via APP||✔||✔||✔||✔||N/A|
|POWER UP Charging Dock Compatibility||✔||✔||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I tried contacting Customer Support on Facebook - was told to email CS which I had done, but no reply after several days waiting.
All that said - the sound is pretty impressive, although it isn't as rich and clear as another Wifi speaker I have. But until I put them on together and compared them I was pretty happy with the sound from the Blast. The speaker is solidly constructed and I've tested its claim to be waterproof and it seems to have suffered no ill effects from being submerged.
It connected to my iPad via Bluetooth with no issues, but when I connected to the desktop there was a continual interruption to the sound, even when the speaker was sitting beside the computer. After further experimenting, it turns out that the BLAST can't share the Bluettooth connection with my Apple mouse - it causes major interference.
If I can get this working I will be updating the review. But for now - potential Irish purchasers be warned, all you'll end up with is an expensive bluetooth speaker.
UPDATE: Which is worse - an unresponsive speaker or unresponsive customer support? The speaker now doesn't connect at all to my iMac via Bluetooth. And still no response from Customer Support. It's rapidly turning into an expensive paperweight. It's going down a star for the moment.
- Speaker quality is same as the UE Boom, i.e. excellent. Way better than Amazon's Echo devices.
- Waterproof and hard wearing
- It's got a battery, so unlike Echo devices you can move it without having to wait forever for Alexa to restart.
The bad, of which there's a lot:
- Spotify doesn't work over Alexa at the time of launch. Unlike an Amazon Echo, you can't simply think of a song you like, say it and have it play. This might change in future.
- The setup app doesn't detect pairing properly on iPhone / iPad - settings will show it paired, the app won't. You'll have to restart and re-pair for the setup app to work.
- As other users have reported, and UE have acknowledged, pairing with a PC doesn't work properly right now. It'll pair but the speaker simply won't make noise. Mobile devices are fine though.
- The devices just stop turning on. This is all over the forums and happening to many users.
- Ultimate Ears support is awful - they'll either disclaim features advertised on the products website, or not respond at all once a case has been opened. Weirdly the issue I raised with them was confirmed to be a problem in their app and fixed in a subsequent update, even after the support person refused to acknowledge responsibility. I love Logitech (the parent company)'s regular support but UE support seems to handled by outsourced reps who are more interested in disclaiming responsibility for problems than they are in helping customers.
Basically: the hardware is fine, the software and support is awful - I'd consider it OK if it was 25% of the current price, but considering how much you pay for the device this is awful.
Once the speaker is set up, Alexa works very well on this. I find the microphone picks up male voices better than female, and you have to yell a bit if you want it to hear you while it is playing music. But as it learns your voice, it gets better. It responds to commands quite quickly, and I have had no problems with the software, or the wifi connectivity.
The speaker itself is excellent- which is just as well considering the price. I have tested several different kinds of portable speakers now, and this one has a good, full sound which radiates out. The Power Up docking base is great; an elegant way of keeping the speaker constantly charged and ready to respond. When taken off the dock, the battery lasts for a good long while, lasting me a full day. The Bluetooth connectivity is excellent too. I find some devices struggle to connect, or only connect intermittently, but this one is very reliable. Using Bluetooth, you can play from other services which aren't included in Alexa skills (such as Google music). The only slightly spooky thing is when the speaker turns itself off and on all of a sudden, which happens now and then when docked.
I don't have a smart home setup, so can't comment on those features, but this will link in with all that if you need it to.
This speaker is a fair bit more expensive than an Echo, but the high sound quality and portability (plus its shockproofing and waterproofing) means that it has extra functionality. If you can afford this, I think it's a good buy.
Most recent customer reviews
The quality of the speaker is excellent - much better than Amazon's Echo speakers,...Read more
In the box.Read more