- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Ukulele Exercises for Dummies Paperback – 5 Apr 2013
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Improve your ukulele playing fast! with hundreds of fun exercises, drills and practice tunes
You got yourself a ukulele and taught yourself to play a passable ′Happy Birthday,′ but now you′re ready to take it to the next level. You′ve come to the right place. This exercise book is your ticket to becoming a bona fide ukulele hero. It supplies expert tips, tricks and plenty of jammin′ exercises that will have you strumming and picking your way through everything from the classic ukulele tunes to cool jazz progressions, intricate instrumental pieces and blues riffs like a pro in no time. And if you′re brand–new to the uke, you′ll find a lot to like here as well.
- Brush up on the fundamentals discover how to hold your ukulele; play common chords; read ukulele notation and tab, chord diagrams, neck diagrams, and rhythm charts
- Start practising on the right foot shorten your learning curve with pre–practice warm–ups, including finger– and hand–stretches, breathing exercises, and strength–building exercises
- Do some serious strumming strengthen your rhythm, timing and ability to find the right pattern for any song, or even transform simple strumming patterns into sweet improvs
- Become a power–picker master rhythmic fingerpicking songs and solo fingerstyle pieces with exercises that quickly improve speed, flexibility, and fluidity
- Master the fretboard learn to build major and minor scales across the neck of the ukulele, build chords in different positions up, and down the fretboard and craft slick solos in rock, blues and jazz styles
Audio download includes
Over an hour and a half of audio featuring the exercises and songs from the book so you can hear exactly how they should sound
Open the book and find:
- Hundreds of exercises in various keys, tempos and styles
- Strumming exercises from common chord changes to advanced techniques
- Scales and scale sequences
- Picking patterns and exercises that build speed and confidence
- Ways to apply the techniques and tricks you learn to play actual songs
- Warm up exercises that make learning faster and easier
- Tips on performing before an audience
About the Author
Brett McQueen is a musician, songwriter and the founder of ukuleletricks.com, one of the most popular ukulele sites in the world, where he provides audio, video, and written instructional material (along with personalised feedback) to freshly minted ukulele fans everywhere. Alistair Wood is the man (the myth and the legend) behind ukulelehunt.com and the author of Ukulele For Dummies.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
It is an excellent book and I recommend it on that basis. It is useful to beginners/inexperienced players and more proficient players alike.
I've enjoyed playing the classical pieces because that's introduced me to an entirely new area of uke playing. I've been teaching a small group (5) people fingerstyle uke and they've all now bought their own copies.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category