Ukulele For Dummies Paperback – 16 Oct 2015
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Fully understand ukulele basics
- Play the key ukulele chords and strumming patterns
- Tackle guidance on fingerpicking instruction
- Develop your skills by downloading the accompanying tracks from Dummies.com
Pick up a uke and start playing - fast
Do you want to learn to play the ukulele? This friendly guide covers everything from chords and strumming patterns to finger picking and style variations. With clear instructions and musical inspiration on every page, it will have you making a big splash with this tiny instrument in no time.
- First things first - weigh your buying options, grab the essentials, check out the accessories, and master maintenance
- Start strumming - get to know the ukulele chords and their families, play your first songs and create more strumming patterns for great results
- Play your heart out - rock or jazz, Hawaiian or classical, find the groove that fits your mood
- Pick a winner - discover fingerpicking patterns, get to grips with tabs and notation, plus solo techniques with melody/chord combos
Open the book and find:
- How to hold a ukulele and position yourself to play
- Guidance on developing your strumming
- The 'three-chord trick' that'll help your playing
- What to do if things don't sound right
- How to diagnose and solve uke problems
- Unbeatable tips for improving your playing
- Ten ways to get involved in the ukulele scene
- Chord charts and guidance on reading standard musical notation
About the Author
Alistair Wood is a ukulele player, transcriber and arranger who owns the most popular ukulele site on the Internet, ukulelehunt.com. His expertise and the continuing ukulele boom has led to media hits that include The New York Times, The Guardian and BBC News.
Customers who bought this item also bought
362 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is well written, easy to understand, interesting and full of information. It has got everything: strumming chords, finger picking, techniques, different music styles, changing strings, and much more.
I have been learning for about 4 weeks and I am really chuffed with myself. I started on a cheapo soprano and had to buy myself a Kala Concert and now I sound even better. On only about 20 minutes practise a night.
Don't mess about with other tutor books - this will really give you a great start and most likely keep you going a lot further.
Also, if you don't have a uke yet but are thinking of buying one, there is a good chapter on buying a uke and what pitfalls to avoid. Similar info can be found online, but it's useful to have it all in one place.