Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.19

Ubuntu Linux for Kindle to read.!

Installed Ubuntu 12.10 as a dual boot, and was absolutely smitten by everything...

This book is very easy to follow, even for non-book readers too, you must have the interest in the NEW Ubuntu OS,

or else you will just be wasting you time, - I've seen books at £18 here on Amazon and this ones the best TBH.

I my humble opinion. so you download the FREE Kindle app for PC, laptop or Android too.

The New "Linux Ubuntu 12.10", has lots of support throughout the net, so please do not worry, its

64 // 32 bit & rock solid. Hope this Review HELP's a little... "Its a Great way to make friends too."
on 6 December 2013
its an easy book to understand, for people just learning how this system works and how easy it is once you understand the rules.I have learned a lot from this book
on 30 January 2014
More of a pamphlet than a book - it estimates 60 pages, I make it about 40. Was ok for introducing terms, but pretty sure I could have found this on the web easily if I'd have bothered. It was only a quid, but I'm not convinced it was even worth that.
on 11 April 2016
Good job this is very cheap because it has almost no content. I'd assumed the 'absolute beginners' referred to Ubuntu so it would be suitable for readers with a reasonable knowledge of operating systems. I was wrong. This book is roughly the equivalent of reading the blurb on the packaging of a new application or gadget - very limited value unless you have no idea what it does
on 14 January 2014
A good clear boob on Ubuntu, we are so used to windows, with the GUI these days we forget there is any other way, often a lot simpler and more straight forward, this is a great help on the Ubuntu distribution of Linux.
on 1 April 2014
It helped me get acquainted with Ubuntu quickly and without the fear you get when changing your OS. A good buy!
on 22 February 2014
Good guide on how to get started it points you in the right direction. Has a useful how to build at the end.
on 17 April 2012
A very well thought out book which has proved a boon to me as I tackle Ubuntu Linux for the first time. I am now pretty comfortable with the distro and am using it to self learn C++ with which it works very well. I had looked inside the book before I bought it and now realise that I should have bought the printed version and not the Kindle one but I have also got used to that now and read from my 7inch tablet whenI need to refer to it. All in all, a very good buy.
on 24 December 2014
Invaluable for someone with little knowledge of Ubuntu.
on 4 November 2015
told me what I needed to know about unbuntu