on 14 March 2011
Ubuntu makes great Linux for a desktop (or laptop). I tried few other Linux versions since last summer and Fedora and Ubuntu became my two favorites. I installed this Ubuntu on my Toshiba and HP laptops and in both cases the installations was simple and quick. It recognized all of the hardware and required no efforts on my side. The included library contains books for all levels of users, from very beginners to advanced and the "video intro" does very nice job on introducing command line commands to first time users. It is my second purchase from DVDxDVD and they provide great service and support. This set is great, it comes with everything one needs for setting linux and starting using it.
on 1 March 2011
Ubuntu is great Linux.
I wanted a new Operating System because I'm tired of Windows crashing, viruses, and the expensive software and upgrades. I was thinking about having it with windows in double boot configuration, but after two months, as I ever needed windows since, I removed windows completely. For general computer use Ubuntu is great. I do some digital photography, not professionally, but as an advanced amateur, and included tools, editors are very cool. It is very neat system, quality set, recommended!
on 12 January 2013
I have been using Ubuntu 12.04 since its release. I find it faster than any windows OS I have used (which is everything but Windows 8). The large Ubuntu base of users means every question I've ever had on how to do something is answered online. While I give Ubuntu 12.04 ***** (5 stars) as an OS, I give trying to get people to pay for it * (1 star). Linux is free...and nearly every program you will ever need is also free for it. Simply search for Ubuntu 12.04 download on google and you can get the latest version for free.

Thus...I give the product 5 stars, but the attempt to get money for it = appalling.
on 3 March 2013
This is a late review as it arrived a few months ago
This ubuntu Linux system did not work to well in my netbook , so e-mailed the supplier in the states , they informed me that the fedro 17 system is more user friendly , so they sent me free off charge this system and my netbook works a lot better, very good service , no where near as easy to use as windows, but my netbook is back to life for a cheap price,about £18 if I remember correctly
on 19 June 2014
I upgraded to 14.04 from 12.04 and I am so sorry I did that I may actually revert to 12.04. The USB management is very poor (my mouse and wireless keyboard only work intermittently :). Some applications (Blue Grffin) stopped working.
And yes, you can download it for free. But why would you?
on 25 September 2012
Hi there i would not buy this as you can download a disc image which you can the burn to as many cd's as you would like.
on 12 January 2015
Easy to set up and a good alternative to Windows!!
on 13 August 2015