- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Assassin's Creed 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
- A NEW MASTER ASSASSIN - As Connor, a Native American Assassin, unleash your predatory instincts to stalk your enemies and devastate them with new weapons including tomahawks, rope darts, firearms and more.
- IGNITE THE FIRES OF REVOLUTION - Fighting from Lexington to Bunker Hill, you are America's first highly trained Master Assassin. Incite the revolution by working behind the scenes along with historical icons like George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and more.
- EXPLORE A BRAVE NEW WORLD - Pursue your enemies through massive environments, from bustling city streets to blood-soaked battlefields, and into the far reaches of the American frontier.
- STUNNING NEW ENGINE - Experience the power of Anvil Next, Ubisoft's new engine designed forAssassin's Creed III. Revolutionary physics, animation and weather systems deliver unprecedented realism, while a whole new combat system delivers more intense, gut-wrenching battles than ever before.
- INTENSE MULTIPLAYER - The acclaimed multiplayer system returns with a host of refinements, including all-new characters, maps and modes to deliver the most compelling online experience yet.
- EXCLUSIVELY FOR Wii U - With the New Controller, gain quick access to two major pillars of Assassin's Creed. Always know where your enemies are with a larger and more expansive overhead map right at your fingertips. Once the fighting begins, easily change your weapons on the fly with touch controls to vary your combos without ever stopping the action on-screen.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Platform: Nintendo Wii U | Edition: Standard Edition
Assassin’s Creed III continues the stealth, action and open-world gameplay that is the series’ trademark, transporting the action to the American Revolution in the late 1800s. Our new Assassin is Connor Kenway – half-English, half-Native American, and taking orders from General George Washington himself.
- The largest and most ambitious Assassin’s Creed Game yet.
- Action in the city and in the wild frontier.
- More missions with greater control on how you choose to play.
- Traditional stealth and parkour-style gameplay.
- Immense new Naval battles.
- Exclusive Wii U Game Pad Features.
Assassin's Creed III promises the biggest Assassin's Creed game to date. The locations are much larger than in previous games – The Frontier itself is over 1.5 times larger the Rome seen in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and offers greater freedom in the open-world gameplay that fans have come to expect from the series. The time-frame of the game is larger too, spanning 30 years in the life of Connor from 1753 to 1783.
The Frontier is a wide open wilderness that offers more unique challenges than ever before. From rocky cliff faces to heavy wooded areas, Connor is equally at home climbing and navigating trees and ledges as he is taking out enemies on the ground. And it's not just about stalking foes both British and Templar; this game gives you the chance to animals as well as your human prey.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Some of the best Wii U specific features are Miiverse (being able to post screenshots and ask for help is great.), touch screen weapon/ item changes (oh and being able to just tap the horse whistle whenever I want rather that having to select it from the menu, use it, then go back to the menu to re-equip a weapon saves a ton of time.) Overall the slightly quicker and refined user interface due to the gamepad makes the game much less frustrating. The fact that I could do this with the gamepad (along with the larger map, which helped stay hidden from enemies many times)actually made me refuse to use gamepad remote play or use the pro controller just because the gamepad makes the experience so much better.
One annoyance however, that straight after I bought it, the game reduced a whole £17 of it's price which is just a crazy amount and I feel quite cheated. However for people who haven't bought it yet, at the reduced price, it is a whole lot more worth it.
Good: The gameplay and graphics are awesome, the story is very deep and the ''feel'' is authentic. Incredible views, great voice acting and generally... just immersive
Bad: Since playing, my Wii U has, for some reason, crashed twice.
Verdict: As i have not completed the game yet, this score is indicative of my experience so far: 9/10
Great, great game
I will admit I was slightly hesitant about picking up the title as internet reviews said that it had some performance issues. I have spent a good amount of time 30+ hours exploring the world and have only noticed the odd frame rate issue but all the AC games on my XBOX had and seeing what is being generated its a minor issue.
The game itself is set in the New World, the transition as the world loads around you is stunning!
Gameplay feels fluid as you bound over roof tops, climb walls, perform aerial keeps all with excellent animation. Some of combat feels occasionally awkward even if its in your favour, taking on 4 men shouldn't be that easy!
The main story has quite an amount of depth to it but add on the various side quests and the game has a serious amount to offer.
Overall another great addition to the Wii U library!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
If you have a wii u then buy it!
GFX are brilliant and just feels epic in scale!