- Buy this product and get 90 days free of Amazon Music Unlimited After your purchase, you will receive an email with further information of how to enjoy 90 days of free Amazon Music Unlimited. Terms and Conditions apply.
Assassin's Creed 3 [Download]
|Price includes VAT if applicable|
- A NEW MASTER ASSASSIN- As Connor, a Native American Assassin, use your predatory instincts to stalk your enemies and eviscerate them with a new arsenal of weapons including tomahawks, rope darts, firearms, and more.
- IGNITE THE FIRES OF REVOLUTION- From Lexington to Bunker Hill, become America's first highly trained Master Assassin. Bear witness to the real conspiracy behind the American Revolution between the Assassin's Order and the Templar menace alongside historical icons including George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and many more.
- EXPLORE A BRAVE NEW WORLD- Pursue your enemies through massive environments - from bustling city streets to blood-soaked battlefields and into the far reaches of the American frontier.
- INTENSE MULTIPLAYER- The acclaimed multiplayer system returns with a host of refinements, including all-new characters, maps and modes designed to deliver the most compelling Assassins multiplayer experience yet.
Special offers and product promotions
- Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / 8
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: Software Download
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The American Colonies, 1775. A brave young warrior fights to save his homeland. But what begins as a struggle over territory turns into an extraordinary journey that will transform him into a Master Assassin—and will forever change the destiny of a nation.
You are Connor, warrior son of a Native American mother and British father. As the colonies draw closer to revolution, you will dedicate your life to the freedom of your clan –becoming the spark that ignites the revolution into full blaze. Your crusade will take you through blood-soaked battlefields to crowded city streets, to perilous wilderness and beyond. You will not only witness history—you will make it.
Set against the backdrop of one of the bloodiest Revolutions in world history, prepare to be drawn back into the centuries old battle between the Assassin’s Order and their sworn enemy, the Templars. Unleash lethal new skills and experience a stunningly realistic world created by Anvil Next, a new engine that redefines gaming.
Welcome to an entirely new chapter in the Assassin’s Creed saga.
- Supported OS: Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8
- Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core™2 Duo E8200 or 2.66 GHz AMD Athlon™ II X4 620
- RAM: 2Gb
- Hard Disk: 17Gb
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 10 compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher
Uplay account required for game activation and installation
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having played the game on Xbox 360, I was left a little unimpressed by the graphic quality and limitations of it's ageing hardware. Since building my own gaming PC, I thought AC3 on the PC would be a perfect benchmark to enjoy the game, taking advantage of the more powerful hardware to deliver a higher graphics fidelity. I am running an i5-3570K @ 4.3GHz, 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro RA @ timings 10 10 10 30 CR 1, and an EVGA GTX 770 Super Clocked which I have overclocked further, so my hardware is more than capable. It turns out that the game isn't a fantastic port of the console version, even despite its minor 1 month delay to 'polish' it for the PC. It runs perfectly fine for me, but a lot of people have experienced bad frame drops when using DX11 (environment quality - very high) and have to revert aback to DX9 (environment quality - high) in order for the game to be playable. I get a solid 60 FPS (v-sync on) with some occasional minor frame dips, nothing can be done a lot those because of the actual game and the game engine itself. Even on consoles the game dips frames quite badly, and unfortunately Ubisoft didn't properly code the game to take advantage of the GPU and relied more on the CPU.
I found the story to be excellent, I could actually follow it along without being confused like I was whilst playing some of the previous games. The gameplay is always fun and engaging, I love the new animations and overall I just love the game. Its very easy to overlook its occasional frame dips because of the sheer size and ambition, the technical achievement more than makes up for a few laggy areas of gameplay, and just enjoy it for what it is.
However the download has slowed my PC right down and the game is slow responsive
I think I'll try a hard copy on disc
Not that it matters to be honest as I have this on the consoles