Top critical review
6 people found this helpful
Jacked up price is a deal breaker
on 27 February 2015
Dutch chocolate flavour isn't bad, not the best but I've had worse. It mixes well but does effervesce quite a bit so if you like to double scoop with added fruit in a blender, be prepared for a mega thick shake.
USN is known for quality products so you can be confident you're getting a top brand shake, but contents wise this definitely falls into the mid range category of protein shakes.
Protein content is a touch light, I'd say it's 1g per serving less than it should be. The name of this product is total false advertising calling it hardcore whey and then containing only 41% whey protein, a bit sly there. The other 59% is milk protein and soy, which are both inferior types of protein, soy in particular as it's know to have much higher oestrogen levels.
Doesn't advertise much of an amino range which is a real let down, only l-glycine is advertised which is a pretty standard amino, so if you like your shakes to have a wide amino range, best go for something else. You get some calcium, magnesium and zinc which aid recovery, always a plus.
A bit like reflex whey duo which offers a brucey bonus of added friendly bacteria, hardcore whey stands out by offering a decent dose of creatine monohydrate per serving. This depends on the individual whether this is a selling point. I tend to be on the minimum daily dose when it comes to creatine, so for me this is a plus.
I'm seeing good results from this protein and am happy with it, but what's annoying me is the jacked up price that's happened in last few months. I paid 32 quid for this product off amazon and considering I'd put it on a par with reflex whey duo which is around 34 quid, it made USN hardcore whey look like the one I'd be coming back to. It's not like 32 I seen as cheap, I seen that as a spot on price as it offers a bit less protein than reflex. Currently its priced 39 and that price hike of 7 quid is a deal breaker for me, as there's better proteins at this increased price so I'd go for them instead if I wanted to spend that much.
If you can get it for the 32 price it's a 4 star product, but at the price it is now I'm knocking it down to 3 stars.