• UP

Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 25 March 2016
Such an unusual and fascinating story, very well written. A real page-turner.
on 27 September 2014
Two very different worlds collide as medical and other science and modern management processes fail to grapple with a dying man in a hospital defying the laws of gravity.

This most readable first novel uncovers with some humour the human dilemma. We think we have understood the world around us to the point where we need no gods and yet we still encounter the inexplicable. Normally science will discount the para normal as eccentric nonsense but in this book it manifests itself in a way that cannot be ignored, even by the government. But it is in the compasion for the individuals caught in the middle of this nightmare where this book shows insight, as it also does for their individual motivation.

I really enjoyed this book for the questions it raises about our society and the difficulties we have when we encounter the inexplicable.
on 13 June 2014
Great creative writing with scenes easy to imagine and characters who came to life. Since finishing the book I have thought about it a great deal. Much more to the book than a great read.
on 5 June 2014
I was totally drawn into this book from the beginning, it captured my imagination and still hasn't let it go! I hope there's more to come.
on 11 October 2015
A most unusual and entertaining story with added good humour. This could well be a subject for a film. I enjoyed the story which appealed to my sense of humour. The characters were quite believable and obviously reflected the authors observations of real people. The plot though totally at odds with reality was non the less very interesting.
on 29 July 2014
This book was totally unique and I cannot think of how I would categorise it. I do know I couldn't put it down and read it cover to cover in two days. The effect of the book is still with me though, in a good way!
Makes you realise the actions of one can impact so many.
on 16 June 2014
Although I have not yet finished reading this book I must declare that it is not just an exiting read but also thought provoking, exploring life, death, illness, grieving and the human response to the supernatural. To say more would be to give too much away! READ IT!
on 8 July 2014
A fantastic read. Interesting , gripping and very "real". The characters are well drawn, the subject matter poses many questions and lthe end of the book leaves you with a sense of wanting to know much more. A brilliant first novel.
on 30 May 2015
The book has a Kafka-esque premise of something random and unexplainable happening, and rather than analyse the reasons for it, the reactions of those witnessing the phenomenon are the focus.

The characters and dialogue are well written, from the lusty teenagers to the egotistical hospital staff. Imagine a volatile rock band running a hospital and you'll get the idea.

I was expecting the conclusion to sum the whole affair up by drawing out a moral of some kind. For me the nearest thing to a moral can be deduced from the behaviour of the characters and whether or not they seem happy in life. From the moment the body starts to rise you'll be hooked. I hope Gary writes more.
on 22 June 2014
An interesting and thought provoking commentary on life and death which captures the imagination at an early stage and doesn't let it go until the final chapter.