- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
UNMANAGEABLE REVOLUTIONARIES: Women and Irish Nationalism Paperback – 20 Oct 1995
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'A real contribution to understanding revolutionary Ireland and, even more importantly, to our understanding of feminism as an aid to arriving at historical truth' -- Times Literary Supplement
From the Back Cover
Describing women's fight for Ireland's independence from 1881 to the present day, Unmanageable Revolutionaries focuses on three Irish nationalist women's organisations - the Ladies Land League, Inghinidhe na hEireann and the Cumann na mBan. Although all three are very different, a common theme emerges - that women have never been seen as an independent force in Irish political history. Mobilised in times of crisis, they have been consistently excluded from positions of influence. This, despite minor concessions, remains true today. Now reissued with a new introduction, Unmanageable Revolutionaries remains a classic study of the role of the women's movement in modern Irish history.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Ireland
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Structure & Processes
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies