- Hardcover: 1 pages
- Publisher: SCHIFFER PUBLISHING LTD (10 Sept. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764303589
- ISBN-13: 978-0764303586
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 24.1 x 32.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,435,080 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
UNIFORMS OF THE THIRD REICH: A Study in Photographs (Schiffer Military History) Hardcover – 10 Sep 2004
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Hayes is affiliated with the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Depicted amongst others in fine detail are the manufacturer's markings and tailor tags, shoulder and collar rank insignia and cuff titles, the quality of these uniforms particularly in the early years of WW2 being the envy of other army's the world over. Examples of head dress and buttons and other ceremonial duty equipment are also detailed in full colour. Front and rear photos of the Army, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Allgemeine-SS, Police, Hitler Youth and Political Leaders uniforms are shown in large detailed shots.
Although quite expensive, in short this book is a "must have" item for any serious student interested in this historical age. My only criticism of this book would be that it contains predominantly officer's uniforms and little on NCO's and other ranks combat uniforms. Perhaps this will be included in a future edition.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
but if you are looking for detail informations and history of the uniforms, this book may not be what you want.
Anyway, just looking at the photos worth buying it, personally speaking
volume and I enjoyed reading (or looking) very much. The photos
are very clear and show a lot of close ups. However, I felt that,
in such a large book, some more uniforms should have been
described. For example there is a large section on just one Army
officers set, too large for my taste. Apart from that, great book
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Europe > Germany
- Books > History > Military History > Military Life & Institutions
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Countries
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Reference & Price Guides
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference