Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ £2.03 UK delivery
Scrabble 2007 (Nintendo DS)
|Price:||£11.88 FREE UK delivery.|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Nintendo DS
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
The most popular letters game in the world makes its first appearance on the DS. Compete in craftiness against the computer or against friends to combine the letters in the most appropriate way. Place your letters wisely to complete already formed words or create new ones and take advantage of bonus squares to increase your score. Developed in partnership with the French Federation of Scrabble, this new edition will make everyone, if they are not already, hardcore players of Scrabble!
- Rookie or expert, become addicted to Scrabble!
- Play alone or with friends using different game modes such as Classic, Duplicate, Anagrams or Puzzletters.
- Contains ground-breaking adjustable computer intelligence and a personal coach to help improve your skills.
- Enjoy easy-to-use interface. Play wherever you want!
- Experience the real thing - Scrabble 2007 Edition uses the Collins Official Scrabble Dictionary.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The main problem is really the size of the screen on the DS. In their wisdom, the makers have decided to make the board a little larger than the screen to maximise letter size. This works better than it sounds, the touch screen allowing you to easily nudge the board up or down to see the last few rows of letters, but it is a shame you can't look at the whole board at once. It is certainly nice to be able to 'pick up' and move the tiles with your stylus, making it more tactile and intuitive in play.
The game stays true to the rules of scrabble, and the machine takes only a few seconds to make a move. Opponents can vary...at first you can only play a basic challenger, but as your Scrabble 'career' takes off, different characters appear, to give you a stronger game. I reckon (...subjective assessment alert...) I'm above average strength, but I can't, so far, beat the strongest two characters.
There are various mini games that can be played, but they are not that stimulating, unfortunately, you have to play a number of these to unlock some opponents. On the standard Scrabble game, there are a few pre-sets on the timer for minutes per move, time per game, or unlimited time.
* No high scores
* Only about 80% of the board visible at any time
* Highest levels of tournaments are only 'blitz' (ridiculously short time limit) type games
* The programme plays the occasional questionable word.Read more ›
There - that's my confession - now for the review!
I bought this game for myself, in the hope that it would feed my addiction whilst I was on holiday, away from the computer and unable to play Scrabulous on facebook - and it has worked! I spent hours playing - ran out of battery power on the first day of the holiday, realised I had forgotten my charger, and had to go out and buy another one!!!
- You can't see the whole screen at any one time
- The computer appears to have a range of very unusual and rather dubious 'made-up' words which it accepts at random - however, once you have spotted these, you can then use them in your own play. However, unlike Scrabulous on the internet, it does at least accept the variations of 'zo'! (Hooray!)
- The tournament version of the 'career' section can only be played on a strict time limit of 4 minutes playing time per player. Clearly this is no problem to the computer, but to the average human it is very little time, making it virtually impossible to win against the 'best' opponents.
- It's extremely addictive and can cause you to waste several hours very easily! (LOL)
* It's fun and easy to play
* You can choose from a range of opponents
* The games can be over very quickly, allowing you to move on to another, or to play a full and quick game during a coffee break - something you can never manage on scrabulous, as no-one ever plays as quickly as you want them to!
* Some of the other games are great for encouraging speed, accuracy and vocabulary building
* Definitions of main words used are posted along the screen - but wehn you are playing several 'virtual' opponents, there can be very little time to read these.
* It's extremely addictive! (LOL!)
Buy it and see for yourself! Enjoy!
The main game is flawless and the CPU difficulty is just right, the easy opponents are not complete idiots but should present few problems and the later ones in career mode will have you scratching your head at some of the words they manage to pull out. The CPU moves quickly so games are a lot quicker than the real thing. All the rules are explained and there are a few game variations and options, such as playing against the clock.
A really great idea is that the dictionary definition for any word played is displayed on the top screen as you play. Believe me, you'll need it for some of the words the CPU comes up with but this really helps you learn and expand your vocabulary without wasting time flicking through a dictionary. I even managed to use a few of the more obscure words myself in later games, which is always pleasing.
Graphically the game is very basic but honestly what else did you expect from a board game conversion? The board doesn't quite fully fit on the DS top screen which can sometimes be a slight pain because you might miss something but if you remember to navigate round the whole board this isn't too big a problem. The alternative would be trying to read tiny letters on a full sized board, which would probably be worse.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Game as expected. I had this one and lost it so nice to get an original. Prompt service. Happy with the game.Published 2 months ago by mj trevillion
I don't recall ever playing the board game and wanted something to tick my brain over. I love this game and can see myself becoming quite addicted to it. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Octavius
Quite a good game if you like word games, a few different ways to play the game, the music is a bit annoying although I just turn that offPublished 13 months ago by Sharon
It's ok but not worth recommend to anyone else as they might be disappointedPublished 15 months ago by codghost21