Price:£23.92+ Free shipping

on 30 December 2006
I originally bought Nintendogs for the DS, at first I was amused by the games premise and enjoyed playing a few times but gradually I saw little purpose in carrying on, it just dragged and went so slowly, my dog would sit when I'd ask it to lie and the fact it was in real time really made this off-putting for me. I traded it in and saw Dogz before xmas and having played most the past Petz series thought I'd give it a go.

The first thing you'll notice when you switch on this game is the amount of effort and originality it has. It leads more as a story, which makes the task of bringing up your pup and training it very appealing. The fun thing about this game is that you are not always tied to your dog and you can venutre around the map. There is plenty of interacting with both dog and parents. You actually feel like you're there playing the role as trainer.

I persume my criticism would lie in the visual of this game seeing as it's a 'back to basics' compared to Nintendogs, but in some ways I prefer the 2D third person view, it is softer and therefore more appealing to the eye.. nothing is too crowded. The sound is Okay but the looped songs can get slightly tedious after a while but when you have so much to do in the game this will soon be set aside!

There are loads of areas to venture out into in this game.. The house alone has a good selection of rooms. You can even decorate and move things around in your room to your own taste including the objects you are given as rewards, a nice personal print on the game. In game I've been playing for just over two weeks and havn't got bored. This is a game that you'll pick up and get lost in. It takes advantage of the microphone and touch screen a lot which is a nice incentive. It doesn't feel like a rushed game.

I would say this game would be a great buy for kids, but due to it's sustainability and general addictiveness it could be a game for all ages. A bit of fun. If you are a fan of pet simulation or just like a game that is cute, fun and involving then this is for you.
on 21 May 2007
I think dogz is BRILLIANT! I am a 7 year old girl and I love this game.I've had this game for about three months now and I'm still not bored. My favourite parts of the game are when you can have puppy parties and taking my puppy for a walk.I think every girl should have a try of this game! HAPPY PLAYING
on 24 April 2007
My son received a Nintendo DS and Dogz for his sixth birthday two weeks ago. This is the only game he has, but he has been playing it every day. There is some reading involved, so it would not be suitable for a much younger child, but there is plenty to keep you occupied.

Once your puppy has had his jabs you can take him for a walk every day and visit the pet shop, where you can buy one item each day, or the park where you can play or compete in games. Sometimes mum asks you to run an errand for her, or you can visit the vet to ask how your puppy is getting on. There are 140 items to collect to play with or decorate your home. You can train your puppy to sit, lie down, go to bed, shake paws etc. as well as walk and potty training.

I will admit I quite enjoy playing it myself !

A great game for any animal lover.
on 2 September 2007
Dogz is one of my best games. I got it in June, play it every day and it's never got boring!

The game starts and your a boy/girl and you and your parents chose a puppy from loads of different breeds. Then you go home and start looking after your dog.

There are lots of tricks your puppy has to learn. Also, you can decide how you want your room to look with things thatou buy or are given.

This game is a must for all dog lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 29 December 2013
My sis really enjoyed playing this game but with everything, they grow older and stop playing with it. She played it from about the age of 8 up to about 10 and she loved it. I would recommend this one over dogz 2 funnily enough. Dogz has more activities to do and my sis seemed to enjoy this one more than dogz 2.
on 27 April 2013
I played dogz and to me i think its a perfect DS game! its more like a story and you got to train and care for
your puppy! first you pick if your a boy or a girl...you really wanted a puppy and your parents decided to buy
one for you, so you visit the pet shop and that's when you choose your puppy! there are many dog breeds to choose
from. After that you take your puppy home...you need to feed, and give it water, play with it and especially train
it which is the main goal. You have 30 days to train and love your puppy, I have played it many times before so I
think its a great DS game!

HOPE YOU LIKE THE GAME!!!
on 8 December 2007
Petz games are mainly for younger children but this game is quite good for older children aswell, its not as good as nintendogs, i find it a bit repetitive, getting up having breakfast doing the same things every day but way better than catz.
on 2 November 2007
It is very good, but i find it repeats every day.
It does the same thing every day but it is a good game!
on 24 March 2012
Brilliant game. You are a girl/boy and you go to the pet shop to pick your first puppy!! If you don't like the ones in the pet shop then you can pick from an catalogue. When you get home you have to name your puppy and it has to learn its name!! You have to take care of your puppy by grooming, washing, feeding it, taking it for walks and learning it tricks. Your puppy can learn lots of tricks and can enter in races and contests and you can take your puppy for walks!! You can change your room with the things you get or the things you are given. This game is the best!!!! I play it every day and it is my Favourite game so far!!!
By Eva 11 years old.
on 8 June 2008
I loved this game when I got it as my first ds game and I got my ds about 2 years ago and I still play it now. However,it's a game where you can get quite bored after a few weeks of continuous play. You can feed it and all the other things like that. It's not realistic like nintendogs as it's cartoon. The music can be very annoying over time. But it's a great game to have.Hannah age 8.