The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Volume 2 (The Gazebo in the Maze Affair / The Yukon Affair) [VHS] 
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Two episodes from the cult 1960s TV adventure series. In 'The Gazebo in the Maze', George Sanders plays an evil torturer who offers only one chance of escape - through a death-trap gazebo. Sanders also stars in the 'Yukon Affair', playing a criminal genius who masterminds a campaign of terror in North America.
Top customer reviews
Said that, let me say that although this set does not include interviews and any more bonus features than your usual "double-bill" trailer for these movies, of which there are many in the complete TV series boxed set, which in itself is more logical, since this, after all, was a TV series and the movies were just an after thought for foreign markets in order to popularize the series, still you have plenty to be amazed at.
First of all, you receive all 8 movies made, which as others have already mentioned previously, are an extension (also in length - and remixing some scenes and adding other actors to them) of double episodes included in the TV sets, and are a gift from heaven nevertheless, since they teach you the editing differences between a TV double episode and a theatrical movie.
What I don't agree with some other reviewers, is that the quality is not at all bad. OK, they are not digitally remastered and brought up to date to modern standards, but considering the simple transfer on digital media, they still hold up quite well as they are.
Of course there is some grain in the image and some imperfections do appear (some minor scratches, almost forgettable if you ask me) and indeed, the sound is still in its original Mono, but who does really care?
What made this series popular were the stories and the line-up of famous well know supporting actors and actresses (it's truly who was who in the glory days of Hollywood).
Besides Robert Vaughn, the steel man himself, as Napoleon Solo, David "Ducky" McCallum as Illya Kuryakin and Leo G. Carroll as Mr. Waverly, you get to watch:
1. Luciana Paluzzi (before she became the lethal Bond Girl in "Thunderball") in "To Trap a Spy",
2. Vera Miles and Maurice Evans (of "Planet of the Apes" lore) in "One of Our Spies Is Missing",
3. Rip Torn and Dorothy Provine in "One Spy Too Many",
4. Senta Berger (who appeared in "The Quiller Memorandum" in 1967) in "The Spy With My Face",
5. Joan Blondell, Eduardo Ciannelli and Janet Leigh ("Psycho") in "The Spy in the Green Hat",
6. Joan Crawford, Curt Jurgens ("The Spy Who Loved", "And God Created Woman"), Herbert Lom ("The Pink Panther Series", "The Lady Killers"), Telly Savalas ("Birdman of Alcatraz", "Kojak", "Escape to Athena"), Terry-Thomas ("Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines") in "The Karate Killers",
7. Carol Linley, Bradford Dillman, Julie London and John Carradine in "The Helicopter Spies",
8. Barry Sullivan, Eleanor Parker and Leslie Nielsen ("The Naked Gun Series") in "How to Steal the World".
Need I say more? If you want to have the complete collection of "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." this one has to be in your shelves at home, together with the complete TV Series and perhaps, if you are a true "nut", also "The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." and "The Return of the Man from U.N.C.L.E.". Although these are just an addendum, if you ask me. The true core are the 3 and a half Seasons and the 8 movies here.
This is indeed essential viewing for the entire family and a trip into TV land of yesteryear,... when TV was more than just TV...
You might also be interested in the complete set, showing all 4 series. Put reality on hold and enjoy!
Man From Uncle: Complete Series [DVD]  [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Movies in the set include: T V EPISODE TITLE
1. TO TRAP A SPY ( 1964 - VULCAN AFFAIR)
Look for similar items by category