Typhoon and Tempest Aces of World War 2 (Osprey Aircraft of the Aces, No. 27) Paperback – 15 Sep 1999
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Son of a Typhoon pilot, Chris Thomas is arguably Britain's best authority on the Typhoon/Tempest family, having served as Air Britain's specialist on the type for over two decades.
Based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, Chris Davey has illustrated more than 20 titles for Osprey's Aircraft of the Aces, Combat Aircraft and Aviation Elite Units series since 1994. He is one of the last traditional airbrush artists in the business and has become Osprey's artist of choice for both USAAF fighters and RAF subjects, proving his undoubted skill when dealing with large aircraft subjects such as the Halifax and Sunderland.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Also osprey fails to put authors not fully dedicate to the subject in writing such books, althought they do a very good job, the series could gain more if written by a somewhat more expert in the subject and by some more 200 pages, a nice book if you buy the entire collection, as they complement each others.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > Military History > World War II 1939-1945 > Origins
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Reference > Transport > Aviation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Vehicles
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence