Customer reviews

Typhoon Bella Scales, Cream
Price:£35.72+ Free shipping

on 14 August 2009
My last two sets of scales have been electronic and both were a total pain to change from ounces to grams. I use my scales every week as I make a lot of bread, so needed accuracy as well as a generous bowl size. I've made scones, biscuits with the kids and a whole load of bread since I got these scales and they still make me smile when I use them! They are wonderfully accurate (in fact I do believe better then my last electronic set) the face is clear and easy to read and best of all, if I am doing a bread flour blend, they don't switch off half way through weighing something out while I hunt in the cupboards! I am a total convert and won't go back to electronic scales ever again.
on 20 April 2017
Need constantly setting to zero.
They look smart certainly but there is a fault with the mechanism that means they dont always return to zero.
The dial is clear to read in lb and kg, but I am not convinced of their accuracy.
I expected better for the price and have already replaced these with Salter digital scales.
Yes I could have returned them but decided they were not worth the effort.
on 9 June 2015
These scales are beautiful. The bowl is pretty flimsy but does the job. They don't seem to be accurate enough though especially if you're weighing <500g for baking. Compared to some digital scale there was a 20% discrepancy. The mechanism isn't that smooth so small quantities are difficult to weigh precisely.
on 25 March 2017
Lovely scales! They're accurate, very easy to read and can be reset to zero using the little adjusting screw underneath the bowl. They're also beautifully stylish and, although the body is enamelled steel, are quite light in weight. I bought the cream, to match the other appliances which permanently sit on my worktops, and they look really good. Would highly recommend.
on 16 July 2017
Well made and measures accurately
on 6 May 2014
I bought these for my wife. I prefer proper brass balance scales, but she likes these. Big clear dial. Much better than the cheap plastic student scales that broke. Her Mum liked them so much we wnded up buying a second set for her.
on 7 December 2014
Compared with other scales these typhoon bella scales are not worth the money. Also i was charged £38.99 for them where Lakeland are selling them for £29.99.
They feel cheap made of a fairly thin steel sheet thats screwed together and fits where it touches.
on 24 March 2013
The best set of kitchen scales I have ever had. So easy to use with a nice clear dial and nice big bowl and really accurate weighing.Buy them for yourself and you won't be disappointed!
on 26 March 2017
Very stylish Scales which are easy enough to use.
on 13 January 2013
My old Salter scales had seen better days and were no longer very accurate (after about 15yrs!) and so I decided to look around for a new set. I looked at lots of mechanical scales (I think that they're much more accurate, last longer and look nicer!) and found that some of them were made of really cheap, flimsy metal and the scale was ugly!

I came across these in my local Steamer Training store (East Sussex) and loved them straight away! The stand has a lovely, elegant shape, they're sturdy and the footplate is wide enough to ensure that the scales won't tip over if you knock it.

The scale is easy to read, it's easy to adjust the scale so that you can add and weigh more, although, I just do the maths, rather than change the scale.

The stainless steel bowl is great - there's just two things I would mention about it - it could be stronger, it's really quite light and I'm not sure not durable it's going to be, it's likely to dent quite badly if it ever gets dropped! And in addition to that, it would've been great to have a pouring lip, that would have made pouring ingredients into another bowl a lot less messy!

Aside from the bowl, I love the design and function of the scale and I'd definitely recommend it!