- Paperback: 248 pages
- Publisher: Strathmore Press; Revised edition (1 Jan. 1996)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0962489158
- ISBN-13: 978-0962489150
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 15.9 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,439,646 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Type and Layout: How Typography and Design Can Get Your Message Across - Or get in the Way: How Topography and Design Can Get Your Message Across - Or Get in the Way Paperback – 1 Jan 1996
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
How typography and design can get the message across - or get in the way. Full of practical tips based on professional experience for anyone involved in design, writing and communication. Foreward by David Ogilvy.
Top Customer Reviews
Wheildon's tone can be annoying, but the book is an easy read, and also serves as a reference.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
If You would like to make understandable adds, catalog or simply presentation, this is perfect.
This book has been so helpful to me that I keep it at my desk for handy reference. For example, what kind of reader comprehension can I expect if I use 10 point font and 13 point leading? It's in the book. Where are serif and sans serif fonts best used? It's in the book . . . along with lots more.
Colin Wheildon conducted studies to determine the way type and layout affect a reader's comprehension -- and he suggests ways to use these results in order to produce better copy and layout. I know his results have helped me to do better work.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Graphic Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Typography
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Advertising
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies