Customer reviews

Two (One Universe Book 2)
Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 30 December 2013
I absolutely loved One when I read it, and really wanted to make a start on Two, but review books took over and I never got the chance. Christmas week I decided to take a few days off 'review books' and read my own waiting to be read books. There was no doubt whatsoever that I was going to read Two, I HAD to know what happens to Merrin and Elias. Before I had even finished reading the first chapter I was hooked, and little quotes like the one below made me laugh.

"So obviously, the next order of business is getting ourselves superhero suits"

Two is told from Elias's point of view, and within the first chapter I wanted to pick him up and snuggle him, wanting to make it all better for him. My heart broke at seeing how he felt about what had happened in One, worrying about his sisters, worrying about Merrin and scared that he would lose her. While Merrin loves to fly, Elias just wants a normal life, using his power if he has to, and only to help. But knowing how much Merrin loves to fly cause a lot of conflicting emotions and thoughts to cross his mind, wanting Merrin happy and being able to keep her isn't necessary the same life Elias had mapped out for himself.

........I will be there for her. I always will be, and I want her to know.
But I don't want to escape, because I really, really want to be there for my sisters, too.
[Page 92, Two]

I thought reading One that it couldn't get better than that, but after reading Two I am proved wrong. I absolutely loved Two, even more than One. While I do still love the characters, I will admit to adding Hayley into the small group characters I love.

Two took me on one bad ass adventure and I really did not want it to end. From the moment I started reading I was on the edge of my seat, worried that Elias and Merrin would get caught, then as they go from bad to worse, then slightly better I began to relax, and just as soon as I thought everything was ok Leigh Ann threw a spanner into the works, and once again I was on the edge of my seat, worried over what would happen to the gang, worried over new people I had just met, and wondering how the hell they were going to get out of things is one alive.

I demolished Two in a few hours, I even ignored watching Harry Potter I could not stop reading. I know Two is the last book in this series so far, but if another book was released for this world I would not hesitate in picking up.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 June 2014
Two begins right where One ends, and Merrin and Elias are in a heap of trouble! This time the story is told in Elias’s perspective, as he and Merrin flee the Biotech Hub.
The Clandestine Service Hub is the last place for safety, but Elias’s sisters remain Biotech’s prisoners, their superpowers spiralling out of control thanks to the experiments they were subjected to. Worse, Merrin is willing to put her life in danger for a chance to find a “cure” for her One-ness.

This was just as gripping and emotionally engaging as the first book! I love the lead characters, and we also get to meet some other new faces, too. Elias’s and Merrin’s relationship goes through some struggles as she still pursues her dream to fly, while Elias is more concerned with a normal life with his sisters. I honestly couldn’t predict how things would turn out, and there’s the perfect mix of action and romance. It’s refreshing to have a two-part series rather than another dystopian trilogy, and in Two’s case, it absolutely works. I recommend this series to anyone looking for a unique take on superpowers!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse