Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.83

on 29 April 2015
Nice love story,liked the work up to facing fears. Loved the relationship with her son and was glad to see her coming thru for love.
on 1 June 2017
Firstly I should start by saying that Susie Carr is a very talented author and storyteller.

The main character, Lauren, is highly amusing despite being so neurotic, and her thoughts are often hilarious. Her love interest, Paula, I thought was an incredibly selfish person - firstly because she gets involved with Lauren despite knowing she is moving across the other side of the country to California, and then she expects Lauren and her son Owen to uproot their lives and move with her, despite only knowing each other for a few months.

Paula just ignores Lauren's extreme fear of flying and expects her to be as adventurous and fearless as her, but she does nothing to help or support Lauren. When Lauren breaks up with her Paula just gives up and does absolutely nothing to try to convince Paula to make their relationship work. And she claims to be in love with her?

Clearly, apart from a mutual physical attraction, these two women have nothing in common and are really not right for each other.

If Lauren is so determined to uproot her life and move to California, I don't understand the obsession with flying. Are there not Greyhound buses, cars and trains in America? She would be making a huge change in her life for Paula, could Paula not compromise just a little too?

I really liked Lauren as a character, and felt she could do so much better for herself than being with such a self centred person.
on 19 September 2015
A pleasant romance with a mixture of humor and lots of love through the characters particularly between two women, completely opposite, and very attracted towards each other. Paula is quite fearless, sportswoman,loves the thrill and Lauren more reserved, shy, living with a phobia since childhood, fear of flying! She will eventually overcome this fear that has tormented for years, thanks to his passionate love for Paula and his decisive commitment in his life! I like this change in behavior which is a real proof of love! A full reading of freshness, sweetness and tenderness as doing so well the author Suzie Carr. :)
on 7 July 2014
If you are looking for a bit more every day LWord (minus the whole Hollywood thing) and a little less recluse outdoor dyke with baggage, look no further - you found it! What I mean with that is that Suzie Carr wrote a fantastic love story, but manages to stay away from the all too common stereo typing by reflecting the much broader lesbian culture we enjoy today. She also manages to create drama without falling back on terrible childhood scenarios, abuse or death which crippled the psyche of at least one of the main characters (if not both). And as if that would have not been enough, Ms Carr's writing is funny and accomplished. The main heroines are well crafted and likeable. Don't get me wrong, they are by no means perfect - they have their "issues", but they are not damaged, over dramatized or too good to be true. They are nice human beings. I loved this book. The book is very entertaining and it all sounds like it is plucked straight from life! It was my first Suzie Carr novel, but it won't be the last. I downloaded 3 more already!
on 22 July 2014
Two Feet Off The Ground

As with all Ms Carr's books this has been very well researched. Lauren has fallen in love with Paula can she keep her secret, or face it. The fear of flying. This book made me laugh and cry. Book written through the eyes of Lauren. This shows you how hard it is to get over a phobia. With secondary characters Chuck, Owen and her childhood friend Aziza we are taken through various sub plots of this wonderful couples story...

A must read just to find out whether she faces her demons. The decision is yours...
on 25 August 2012
Loved this story! Full of humour and love! I lol a good few times reading this :-). Suzie Carr has an engaging writing style and I'm looking forward to reading much more from her.
on 21 March 2015
This book had everything that makes a good book. Good storyline, good characters, humour and love interest. This story is relatable and an easy read. I really enjoyed this story, and like another of her novels (a new lease on life), I was hooked on the story from the first chapter and finished the books in 2 reads.
All in all, a really good story.
on 6 August 2013
This is the first of Suzie Carr's book that I have read, what a great story it was all I could do not to fast forward to the last page as these two great characters had to be together, just going to start my second book. I do love a happy ending definitely a book I will read again and again just to put a smile on my face - great job Suzie Carr
on 9 June 2013
This was the first book by Suzie Carr I have read and I totally loved it. I read it all in one go and just couldn't get enough.
From the first page I was there in the story living and feeling every moment.
By the end I had learnt a lot about myself and I can safely say that this is the book that has changed my life.
on 26 July 2014
Great read,once I started to read it could not put it down.