Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 22 May 2007
It is OK to kidnap, uproot and seperate children from their mother...The story in this book is simply outrageous and very disturbing!.As a mother myself, I simply feel mad at the injustice the author had to endure. Yes, there is a lot of evil people in this world, but when the law is so currupted it wont protect your rights, where do you go? While reading this book I had a strong impression that Verden authorities are simply manipulating the law to suit themselves. How is it possible to make a major decision in court without giving defendant a chance to appeare and present their side of the story? Because this mother is a foreginer she is treated worse than criminal...Apart from deep sorrow for Catherine, my concerns are for her sons. I wonder now how this awful on-going situation has effected them, and what sort of adults they have grown to become. I only hope mother and sons are reunited.
on 8 May 2010
After my 9 year old daughter was kept in Bremen, Germany by her German father after a holiday visit in 2010, I decided to buy this book and read it. I remembered this case going to press in the early 1990's and as a result made sure that I obtained a Residence Order for my two minor children on divorce from their father, as I was afraid he may one day try and abduct them to Germany. I live in the United Kingdom. My daughter was only a baby when we divorced and 9 years on, the same chilling thing happened to me that happened to Catherine Meyer. The similarities are sickenly similar, my ex husband having a similar personality to Hans-Peter, him living in Bremen and the way in which he planned and then carried out the abduction. I wonder if the same authorities and people in Bremen who advised Hans-Peter had not also advised my ex-husband. The United Kingdom police were of little help and only came back to me two weeks after my complaint, The Hague Convention Unit was very quick though, but were not needed in the end, what saved me was that I had a Residence Order and my ex-husband very reluctanctly saw sense and returned my daughter. The situation is not resolved though and I have the fear that this may happen again. Like Catherine, I lived in Germany and in Bremen for a few years, although my daughter was born in the UK and I can confirm everything that she has written in this book to be true. There still is an attitude in that area, of German arrogance and even though about 17 years have passed since Catherine's ordeal, there still is a problem of attitude and a repeat of this awful circumstance happening again. There needs to be more coherance with European Law and more protection than there is at present. A lot has been done but a lot more still needs to be done. It would be wonderful if Catherine Meyer wrote a second book, about getting her life back with her adult sons and what her life is like now.
on 24 August 2009
I read this book it was good but not one of the best that i have read.