Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 April 2013
I was so looking forward to this book! Elizabeth Montgomery is my all time favourite actress, and I watch the DVDs of Bewitched very often. I was hoping for real, indepth analysis of Eliazbeth, but it seems that there is little substance, and an awful lot of information that could be easily learned from Wikipedia. It seems that those that truly knew her are keeping her secrets, and this to me says that she chose her friends wisely. There seems to be quite a bit of pseudo analysis from random interviews trying to piece together her personality from tidbits of conversation that were in many cases years apart. The book doesn't hang together, and perhaps that's just the way Lizzie would've wanted it.
on 31 January 2014
this book is a reader's nightmare.It is strictly fan adoration taken to an extreme degree with no objectivity and a singular lack of facts.It is woven around interviews conducted by the author with Montgomery.Much of the book is comprised of articles,often irrelevant,cut from various periodicals.many of the interviews are pointless.Take for example the interview with Ed Asner starting on page 324.This goes on for about 4 pages,and you are expecting to learn about some time he spent with Montgomery.However at the end of the interview all he says is he regrets not having been able to exchange some warmth with her.The author infuriatingly goes backward and forward in time within many chapters.the narrative for the photos is verbose and there are a number of errors in the book,minor,but indicative of too little care in the editing.For example he refers to the 1965 Ten Commandments instead of 1956.In a film made by Robert Montgomery in the UK in 1950,he refers to an actress "Ann Sheldon",when none is listed in the cast.He says that Robert Montgomery made Earl Of Chicago in the UK when in fact that film was made in the US,apart from locations,but he did make Busmans Honeymoon in the UK.In future I will be far more careful in my choice of books as I don't want to buy what amountws to as now more than an inflated love letter by the author.
on 2 November 2014
I bought this book after watching the whole of Bewitched on DVD last April. I wanted to know more about the fabulous Elizabeth Montgomery.I read this book and only stuck at it so I could learn the facts about her life and career. As a book I wanted to throw it out of the window after about page 30! It's the worst biography I've ever read, for many reasons. Elizabeth deserves alot better and I do hope that her children strongly consider writing a book about her life one day.
on 10 July 2014
Very disappointing. Confused narrative jumping back and forth and comparing everything in her life in a very contrived way to her most famous role as Samantha. Was looking forward to reading a biography on Elizabeth but this was a big let down. Avoid!
on 23 June 2014
so far i am at chapter nine only. have to read when i get a moment to my self.
5 star for what i have read so far, learning of the early life and background of E.M
I am currently watching reruns of the T.V series on Gold, reliving and remembering
when i watched them in the 60's
on 4 June 2015
Dreadful book that's barely worth the 1 * I've given. Should have read the other reviews before buying. Such a shame to have such a special lady remembered by this dross. Just don't bother buying.
on 3 October 2013
Pleasant read if you like biographies. Amazed about her life. Did not know her film roles. Good book liked it.
on 8 July 2015
loved this magical book - a lasting tribute to Elizabeth our favourite beautiful witch, adored by my family thank you
on 21 January 2016
Yet to read
on 18 August 2014
Excellent book in pristine condition