Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.09

on 24 November 2009
My idea of tiny is something very small indeed, this bear actually comes out at 8" so not tiny at all (pleased about that). It's also just one bear pattern with lots of different outfits, easy to make and I like most of them too, so for me a good little book of its kind. The outfits enable you to make a Holly Christmas Bear, Dainty Dancing Bear, Honey Bee Bear, Olivia Sweetheart Bear, Poppy Panda Bear, Lucky Ladybird Bear,Grace Bride Bear, Freddy Football Bear, and the one on the cover is Belinda Bouquet Bear, there are others, as it says, 20 in all none complicated (even if it's sometimes a bit fiddly - and then there's the stitching up to do) still, nice results from a little outlay on yarn and time, and a pleasant way to make a comfort you know to be safe for little ones to cuddle.
on 10 January 2011
I bought this book because I wanted to make some small toys for charity, the problem was I hadn't knitted since I was a child! The basic bear is all in garter stitch so no purling needed which suited me. Once I had got the hang of the bear, I could then start to make some outfits (these required slightly more advanced skills) and have also since tried the panda bear which is adorable.

I have also experimented with the pattern, using different coloured wool to knit an outfit on the bear and I also made a larger bear in chunky wool on 6mm needles which is more cuddle-sized and more suited to giving as gifts.

Apart from being easy, the bear can be made in less than a day which means that they are an ideal project for rainy days.

All in all, a great book with for beginners, with plenty of ideas to keep you interested for a long time.
on 9 December 2009
lovely book very clear instructions, good photos and easily adapted designs, ie i wanted a boy santa, so just knitted some of the boys stuff in red etc, very good value indeed very pleased.
on 9 March 2010
I am really pleased with this little book. the bears are quick and easy to make. I read some reviews that said the head was difficult - I found it really easy as there is a diagram to follow too. I found a small error in the number of stitches left on the pin which was 3 out but apart from that no problems so far. Three bears have been knitted at present and they are very adaptable ie I knitted the football bear in the local team colours and changed the design. I embroidered the family name on the back of the shirt with the player number. The only problem so far is obtaining the specialist bits and bobs such as ladybird buttons however that is probably due to where I live. I also used wool knots instead of beads for the eyes.
A really great little book.
on 12 December 2009
The patterns are beautiful, you want to make them all at once. Absolutely ideal for using up odds and ends of wool.
on 18 December 2009
Bought at my wife's request. She says it is very good for the price. The designs are excelent and the patterns are easy to follow.
on 6 August 2011
I was given this book as a thankyou for helping a friend and started on the hiker straight away. Another friend is doing a sponsored climb up Kilimanjaro for my grandaughter with congenitial heart disease, now nearly 5 months old, so I knittedf the hiker, put a flag in his hand and a map round his neck. plus a photo of my grandaughter in his chest and a stitched heart on his chest.
She will take a photo for me of him (like travelling garden gnomes do) at the top of Kilmanjaro and then leave the flag up there!!! So personalised she was delighted with the extras that aren't even in the book.
This book is great for therapeutic knitters I spent ages doing it and am now onto the ballerina, finding the rose trimmings in Leeds market to give this one the finishing touches. Such fun and easy to do.
on 2 December 2009
This is a lovely little book, with easy to follow instructions. All of the teddies are gorgeous with beautiful outfits.
on 10 January 2010
These bears are so cute. I bought the book more for the clothes. I am doing some design work for a knitting course that I'm doing, and wanted some patterns for little clothes to see what my colour combinations, patterns etc would look like made up. these patterns are just right.
on 23 September 2015
What a lovely little book for a knitter of toys-whether you knit for charity or for others. I particularly like the idea of a Christmas bear. My daughter is keen for me to knit a Halloween bear, although she would prefer a white bear. The beauty of these patterns is that you canmix and match colours and costumes.
My Granddaughter loves the ballet bear and my other Granddaughter wants me to adapt the bikini bear to make her a 'gymnastics' bear! Plenty of ideas in this little book to keep me busy for a while!!!!