on 15 June 2012
I enjoy short stories, particularly those with a twist or something unexpected. What a let down this was. The only 'twist' in each story was that the real subject or setting was disguised until the last sentence - the sort of thing you can imagine a schoolchild doing when asked to write about a specific topic, in an attempt to make it more interesting.

Some examples - a soldier gets shot in a battle which turns out to be a computer game, a description of someone climbing high up, viewing the scenery, then diving down (a buzzard), a team of people trying to move something (ants).

I always try to read a book to the end, feeling however much I dislike it it might improve. But I'm afraid I just didn't have the will to read this right through, so I may have missed something amazing (but I doubt it)
on 22 May 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed this collection of well written stories. I have bought books from this author before and those were excellent too. His latest collection is up to the same standard and does not disappoint. So what are you waiting for? Buy them now and enjoy!