- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2619 KB
- Print Length: 402 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Capriole Group; 1 edition (27 Jan. 2014)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00H3LKUTU
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 18 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #161,458 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£14.50|
Save £12.08 (83%)
To Tuscany with Love Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
A diverse group of students comes together as they spend a Semester in Florence, roughly in the 1970s, and we observe how friendships develop and sexual partners hook up within the group. Initially, it is the story of young people finding their place in the world, as they assimilate themselves into Italian culture and explore their surroundings. The next part of the book moves swiftly through their lives, when they have all returned to live in the USA, until they hit late middle age. Out of the blue each receives an invitation to revisit their time in Tuscany. A First Class Ticket, together with gorgeous accommodation is the fantastic lure, sent out to all by one anonymous member of the group – though that person is soon identified.
The parts in the book set in Tuscany at the beginning and the end feel like two solid bookends, with superb attention to local detail, and cradle the, at times, ephemeral ‘lives lived’ in the USA in the middle. The central part feels like a ‘gloss over’ to enable the plot to move from Tuscany at the beginning, back to Tuscany three decades later at the end.
It is so clear that Gail loves Italy, you can feel it through her prose, and she really does a good job of transporting the reader to locale, espresso no doubt in hand. Oh, the culture and feel of the region, right down to the cobbled alleyways and the odd vespa. It is a debut novel which has much promise for any follow up books that she may have in the pipeline.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Liked the storyline and knowing the area it was set in made it all the more interesting, could probably be a second book if the author was so inclined.Published 18 months ago by Margaret Barker
Loved it, couldn't put it down! Great characters and story line, would love a sequel. Would deffinately recommend this bookPublished 22 months ago by KM55
Not a bad story. Interesting to see how each persons lives have panned out.Published 23 months ago by Julia
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Women Writers & Fiction
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Europe > Italy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > New Adult & College
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Continental Europe > Italy