Customer reviews

on 15 February 2011
Excellent visual inspiration for anyone obsessed with Editorial design! Cannot recommend this book highly enough. Gestalten never disappoints and this book is just absolutely gorgeous to look through. The editorial designs are varied and technical information on layout, form, typography is provided in sections with good examples. Obviously the information isn't detailed if you want to learn about type, format, or layout, but it provides a great general overview of editorials. As a student of Graphic design this is a really handy publication to have at hand if you need any kind of ideas for editorial design, or simply want to remind yourself what it is you love about print! Enjoy!
on 17 May 2012
I'm a graphic design student at university, and found this book an amazing help in a layout project.

It's interesting - lots of great variety of publications as well as good photos/images. Sometimes a bit hard to navigate and unorganised, but if you put some time into reading it, it's really great.

Would recommend if you're into art & design - especially layout design/editorial design.
on 13 February 2014
As a fashion and graphic worker, naturally I am obsessed with beautiful made books, and this is one of my favourites. It's very well written and provides and constant source of inspiration in both text and image form. I would really recommend it.
on 22 September 2013
Great book for those interested in print/editorial design, full of beautiful examples of publications, great for reference. Once again another brilliant book from Gestalten!
on 6 March 2014
Really good inspiration source for graphic designers containing lots of images and knowledge. Pretty nice layout too, I enjoyed it.
on 11 June 2012
I am a professional photographer and have just entered the realms of magazine publishing. Looking for information, advice and inspiration I "bit the bullet" and bought the book on the strength of the recommendations.

It wasnt quite what I expected, at first I found the layout hard to get into, but with patience the beauty of this book is being revealed to me. The more time I spend with it, the more I get out of it. I have found inspiration from this book and look forward to implementing some of the ideas (in my own style) into the next issue of "Duo Magagazine."

A very helpful and insirational book.
James Thompson
duophoto.co.uk
on 30 July 2011
as always the Gestalten editors compile material that would take me 3 lifetimes to encounter normally

well done