Customer reviews

on 3 August 2017
Fabulous! Being a siren singer was a part of her that made her world famous. However she wouldn't stand by and see that someone close to her is using her fame to run an underage girl sex ring. Can she find out who is behind it all? Can she keep her new security man out of her heart. The sisters again show their strengths and the commitment they have to each other and the innocents surrounding them. My hard copy is now the worse for wear due to being constantly read.
on 7 March 2017
With this book the series finally hits what I'd hoped for, writing that matches the standard of the follow-up series I'd already met. Plus I was especially interested in this story because it features a character important to the next series as well. Good read.
on 4 September 2017
My feelings for this book.its my favorite one up to yet.iv cried and laughed.its made me late for work and iv had to run on no sleep because you cannot put it down
on 24 February 2013
I love this author, her novels are amazing and so well written. She writes stories that allow you to lose yourself and you find yourself journeying along with the characters that you are reading about, you actually get a glimpse of what they are going through and can metaphoracally speaking experience everything that they do.
on 13 May 2017
Great again, with all that apprehension & 💖
on 3 August 2008
This is the third book of this series that I have read (besides "Magic in the wind" and "Safe Harbor"). The others sisters didn't seem interesting enough for me to buy their books. I loved the first, didn't much like the second and bought this one with doubts. I actually liked it a lot; it was interesting, the plot kept my attention and the characters were likeable. I think it managed to avoid the two worst mistakes that writers make when writing a series: a) it focused on the hero and heroine. The sister's bond is an integral part of the books, but each book is supposed to be a romance, about one couple's love story not about the sisters, and b) it was not used to set up the back story for the next one. Feehan had done both those mistakes with "Safe Harbor"; the sisters got so much "screen time" and the Joley/Ilya relationship was such an interesting subplot that I ended up finding Hannah's story a bit boring!
Two things I would have liked to see in this book: One is more details about Ilya's background; I couldn't understand where exactly he was raised and by whom. Apparently, these people were villains who abused him as a child in order to train a killer, but he somehow ended up a policeman. How did this happen? A scene where he shares his past with Joley would have filled this hole nicely. The other is that the whole thing with Joley's "dark needs" is not explained very well. The way I saw it was that she is an essentially good person, but feels less worthy, because she compares herself with her sisters, most of which are too good and nice and proper, and she eventually comes to realise that being different doesn't make her bad. That was very intriguing, but it was only implied, not shown.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 March 2009
At last 6th born daughter of the magical Drake clan; the impulsive, highly independent Joley meets her match in the form of assassin and body guard to the Russian mafia Ilya Prakenskii. Joley has successfully kept her dark side hidden from her family and has turned her attraction to "bad boys" into a family joke; however Ilya has seen into her very soul and knows every hidden fantasy she harbours. That said, Joley is determined to battle for her independence and remains unwilling to offer herself body and soul to a man who not only wields more magic than she does, but who is believed to be a stone cold killer.

The action runs fast and heavy as popular chart topping singer Joley appears to be targeted by a killer, yet she remains determined to continue her tour despite the growing anger from Ilya believing she is placing herself in danger. The intimate scenes positively steam up the reader's glasses as Joley gives in to her deep attraction to the extremely alpha Ilya; who in turn wants a permanent commitment from the flighty Joley rather than the hot affair she envisages with a man she believes is incapable of love.

I now eagerly await the final book in this magical romance series scheduled for release in June this year. Although "Hidden Currents" holds no surprises as to who will be matched to Elle; the youngest and most magically powerful of the Drake sisters, I am sure CF will produce a fabulous finale to a wonderful series.
on 26 February 2016
I luckily came across this series by accident. After finishing Laurell K Hamilton and Kelley Armstrong series, I was lost... These although a easier read, did keep me wanting to read more and nicely snuggled into my book boredom stage until my next awaited book was available. I recommend these, they are not too dark or deep ( which I did miss ) but are captivating, with brilliant descriptive terms that actually do make you feel you are there. I enjoyed the Drake Sisters Series and please read in order, once you pick up one, be warned, you will want more. Happy Reading
on 13 August 2013
I really adore this series! I missed seeing Sea Haven in this book as it was based on the road with Joley when she was touring, but I suppose it gave a chance for Feehan to really expand her descriptions (there are only so many times you can describe one single town I suppose). Ilya was just a dream but I think anyone who has ever read this book would probably think the same *fans self*. Joley I found to be rather annoying! Her emotions didn't make sense to me but in fairness to her I felt her actions were justified in all cases. The action itself in this book is great - not too over the top but still enough there to keep me satisfied. I did call some of the more 'spoiler' bits fairly early in the story (in fact one particular plot line I had called in another book...) but it still kept me interested enough to stay up way too late finishing it. Jolly good read.
on 19 July 2009
the premise of the book is interesting but the reality is enough to put you off sex for life,and is it just me but i would hate to be in love or loved by this controlling and overbearing man