Customer reviews

TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 2D/3D v.6 (Mac)

on 3 May 2012
Having used turbo cad for windows over the years starting from TC8 thru to TC15pro and thoroughly enjoying it, I switched to a Mac; so naturally thought I'd go for Turbocad for Mac. I don't use it nowhere as much as in the past, so thought I'd just go for the deluxe version and put up with a bit less in the way of the extras found in the pro version. Anyway, I thought its moved on since TC15 and should be fine. How wrong I am! It won't open any of my existing drawings unless I convert them to DWG files, and then all the layers are merged into one. Its so useless, I found myself loading windows through Parallels and loading my old TC15 for windows. Starting a drawing from scratch is ok, but if you want to update anything, forget it. TC for Windows is still an excellent draughting aid, but if you migrate to a Mac you might just regret buying this version. I have.
11 people found this helpful
on 23 July 2017
nice software package as im new to cad there is a lot to work with it does take time to understand so will keep at it
on 14 December 2016
Forget it as a drawing package. With my Mac-Mini I use Turbocad 20 (for Windows), Parallels Desktop for Mac and finally Windows 7. Compared with the Windows version TurboCad Mac seems like old technology.
on 17 March 2013
So far I have only used the 2D functions. The tutorials were very useful and easy to follow. I have enjoyed experimenting and playing around with the functions. It has been easy to copy, paste and format diagrams into Word documents to supplement text.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2016
Very competitive.
on 12 December 2012
I found this software difficult to set up on my Mac and it seamed that it was going to be a very steep learning curve so I had to reject it
Tel.