- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
Tug of War: Peace Through Understanding Conflict (Education for Peace) Paperback – 1 Dec 1993
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
* Endorsed by:
* National PTA
* Scouting Magazine - Boy and Girl Scouts or America
* NEA - National Education Association
* Sports Illustrated for Kids
* Mothering Magazine - to name only a few
* Awarded the Robert Burns Medal for literature by Austria's Albert Schweitzer Society, for "outstanding merits in the field of peace promotion"
* Acclaimed at the 1990 Soviet Peace Fund Conference in Moscow and published in Russia by Moscow's Library of Foreign Literature and Magistr Publications
* Selected by the International Association of Educators for World Peace for their Central American peace education project in Panama and El Salvador
* 9-time winner of the Benjamin Franklin Awards for Excellence in Independent Publishing
* On permanent display at the International Museum of Peace and Solidarity in Samarkind, Uzbekistan, the Commonwealth of Independent States
* WHY IS EVERYBODY ALWAYS PICKING ON ME cited by the Omega New Age Directory as one of the Ten Best Books of 1991, for its "atmosphere of universal benevolence and practical application"
* Presented at the 1991 National Conference on Peacemaking & Conflict Resolution
*Approved by the New York Board of Education
* Selected by the American Booksellers Association for its resource listing of "Children's Books About Peace"
* "These topics are excellent and highly relevant. If each of the major countries of the world were to have ten Drs. Webster-Doyle, world peace is guaranteed to be achieved over a period of just one generation."
Dr. Charles Mercieca, Executive Vice President
International Association of Educators for World Peace
NGO, United Nations (ECOSOC), UNICEF & UNESCO
* "Every publication from the pen of this author should make a significant contribution to peace within and without. Highly recommended!"
New Age Publishers and Retailers Alliance Trade Journal
* "Webster-Doyle's insight is that by recognizing, understanding, and accepting our violent tendencies, we can avoid acting them out. These new books...are good for teachers and parents of elementary school children who need appropriate language and activities to help children deal with their feelings and the violence-provoking parts of the environment. To this reviewer, they are realistic and practical."
Young Children (Magazine of the National Association for the Education of Young Children)
* FIGHTING THE INVISIBLE ENEMY and TUG OF WAR recommended by the Elementary School Library Collection as "fine contributions to materials for children"; both books also chosen by the British Commonwealth Collection
* "A Selection of Books and Journals on Nonviolence and Social Change."
* "Helps young people deal with conflict and violence by describing practical skills for Peace." Holistic Education Review
* "Inverting the timeworn axiom about preparing for war in a time of peace, to help the upcoming generation prepare for peace in a time of war, these books offer welcome encouragement." Rutland (VT) Herald
* "I realize TUG OF WAR's urgency for every child and adult -- especially at this moment of unrest... my daughter couldn't stop reading it!"
Marina Dubrovskaya, Assistant Director
Department of Sociology, Lenin Library, Moscow, USSR
* "The book excels at impelling children to understand how conflict works within themselves. Tug of War offers engaging exercises that enhance a child's ability to understand the world. These exercises inspire self-observation, and the drawings of award-winning illustrator Rod Cameron enliven the book." Forum (Newsletter of Educators for Social Responsibility)
* to name only a few.