Truth in Memory Hardcover – 20 Jul 1998
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"It is difficult to imagine a more timely book than" Truth in Memory." The diverse group of contributors provides revealing analyses of theoretical, clinical, and legal issues. This volume is essential reading for anyone seriously interested in understanding the nature of memory and its profound impact on our everyday lives." --Daniel L. Schacter, PhD, Professor and Chair of Psychology, Harvard University, and author of "Searching for Memory" "Given all the heat in the recovered memory controversy, it is time for some light. This book focuses the light of recent as well as classic research on the question of how and when memory is truthful. The book's perspective is guided by a clear vision of the role of hypnotic phenomena in memory. These balanced and informative chapters bring together the work of the very best scientists and clinicians." --Daniel M. Wegner, PhD, Professor of Psychology, University of Virginia, and author of "White Bears and Other Unwanted Thoughts"
About the Author
Steven Jay Lynn, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at the State University of New York at Binghamton. He is a former President of the American Psychological Association's Division of Psychological Hypnosis; and a Fellow in the American Psychological Association, the American Psychological Society, and the Association for Applied and Preventive Psychology. Dr. Lynn is a consulting Editor of the Journal of Abnormal Psychology and has published more than 175 articles on memory, trauma, dissociation, and hypnosis.
Kevin M. McConkey, PhD, is Professor of Psychology and Head, School of Psychology, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. A graduate of the University of Queensland, he has held academic positions in Australia, Canada, and the United States. Professor McConkey is a Fellow and has served as President of the Australian Psychological Society
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Law
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Mental Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks