Customer reviews

1,392
Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Bernard the Bee (Yellow)
Colour: Yellow|Change

on 26 October 2016
I really liked the look of the product when it arrived and my daughter loved it but I was very disappointed with the quality of the product given that it's not cheap. Even if you only half-fill the case, the hinge holding the 2 cases together pops out when you try to close the lid. This happened every time and I spent ages trying to pop the hinge back into place, which was not ideal when travelling with a toddler. I got a refund in the end.
on 3 June 2016
Bought 3 of these for my 3 young children when we went to USA. Big enough to keep all the favourite things to keep them occupied, sturdy enough for them to play on and be pulled along in the airport (cheap imitations fall apart), and the strap to pull the children along can also hook back onto the Trunki to make it a shoulder strap. Trunki can be taken as hand luggage on flights to USA and is small enough to stow under the seat (handy so you don't have to keep going to the overhead lockers).
on 25 December 2016
Great idea, really handy for travelling with kids. Qualifies as a hand luggage. It has nice features like an internal pocket, handles and the belt to pull it at the airport. The quality of the product is OK but not amazing and after few months of use the hinge became loose, I have to be extra careful to put it correctly while closing. It still works though and I'm very pleased with my purchase but I will need to buy another Trunki at some point. Recommended.
on 27 May 2015
It's cute and the children love it, however be warned an obvious flaw is that the children can fall backward when being pulled along. With airport floors being obviously hard, banging their heads is not the best idea! Don't ruin your holiday, use with caution.
on 3 June 2016
on 28 December 2016
My nephew loves his trunki. We bought this as a Christmas present for my almost two year old nephew and he absolutely loves it! Perfect for when travelling - it's quite a big hand luggage case and will fit most things for a holiday. It's bright, well made and feels very sturdy. Would highly recommend.
on 10 June 2013
I had read almost every review going for the Trunki suitcases before making my purchase (and of course asking my daughters which designs were their favourites). We ordered one 'Penelope' (the purple princess carriage) and one 'Harley' (the ladybug) as Christmas presents last Christmas and both are equally wonderful.

Some people have commented that the Trunkis are not very big, but we took ours on their first outing to Disneyland Paris and managed just fine. We packed enough clothes for both children for three days (a spare outfit for each day), plus pj's, a TOMY winnie the pooh light up projecter, four meduim sized cuddly toys, plus nappies, wipes and a grow bag for our youngest. Everything fit in perfectly and the overall size of the suitcases makes them manageable for children, any bigger and they would simply be impractical. Both our 18 month old and our 4 year old are able to ride on them and pull them along by themselves, and our 4 year old is also able to lift hers by the shorter handles and carry it along on her own too (although the long extendable strap comes in handy when they get tired of riding/pulling/carrying and mummy or daddy are left to contend with carrying them!).

Both our children enjoy riding on the Trunkis (either kicking themselves along or being pulled along) although I would say that they aren't suitable for pulling along a small child at a train station or airport. Our four year old sits on hers perfect well and we were able to pull her along, but our 18 month old very often looses her balance when playing on hers at home, so we didn't risk letting her use it out and about (much to her annoyance!).

If travelling somewhere where your luggage will be around lots of other peoples bags (like at a train station or an airport, rather than just going in your car to visit family) then I would strongly recommend attaching a luggage tag, or tying something brightly coloured to your Trunki, as they are very popular and we found in our train carriage alone there were four other Trunkis (thankfully different), but while waiting at passport control we spotted two identical ones belonging to the family behind us (a Penelope and a Harley), so it would be easy for them to get mixed up.

The design of the suitcase is clever, with lots of handles/straps, a locking mechanism, and pockets within, plus the Penelope Trunki came with a pink foam wand and tiara (although sadly our kitten ate these before our fist trip!). I do agree with some comments about the quality of the plastic clips on the ends of the long straps and where these connect to the suitcase. Ours have held up so far, but I can see why some people have had these parts break and am hoping that ours will last, because without them it would be difficult to use properly. However, as suitcases and luggage go, these cases are by far the most colourful and amazing thing out there. I can't imagine my children having so much fun with any of the other types of bags or suitcases that you can currently get. While our 'boring' Samsonite case gets unpacked and swiftly taken up into the loft after each trip, the Trunkis remain in the house for hours of fun games that our two girls create.

I would highly recommend this product and hope that anyone buying one has a much fun as our household does!
on 14 June 2016
Brilliant, my 4 year old daughter loved it.
Honestly, you can fit more luggage in other things such as backpacks but this is not an issue given the other benefits this provides! Towed my daughter all round the airport queues on this. Not one complaint of being bored / tired legs. Plus she was delighted knowing she was scooting round with her own teddies and toys. Worth every penny! Seems to be built well too, it survived it's first holiday with no injuries!
on 1 February 2017
My grandson was thrilled with his Trunki which I bought him for Christmas. Sturdy construction and well used on the family holiday. I like that the strap is long enough to pull the child if necessary, and can also be used to carry the trunki over the shoulder. Adeqauate storage for a change of clothes/toys for a long haul flight and fits comfortably into the overhead locker.
on 9 October 2013
We have the Ladybird, gruffalo and princess Trunkies. All fantastic, robust and have lasted several flights and rides through various airports and hotels...We've had ours for 3-4 years now and still going strong. Kids love them and although they may not always have enough space for more than a weeks worth of clothes, they're still pretty useful for taking the kids inflight entertainment with you and for getting the kids through the airport quickly as a ride on! We recently went to South of France in the summer, so only summer clothes needed but we got a weeks worth of summer clothes, shoes and accessories for our girls in them, so they do hold a fair amount, but anything longer than a week and you might struggle with space... But in that case we just overspill into our case anyway...
They're a great distraction for the kids and we got lots of admiring glances from other children and adults! So many people asked us what they are... There are lots of them around now, but people still impressed!