TrueCall - The Nuisance Call Blocker
|Price:||£99.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Easy to install - plug it in and it starts protecting your phone line straight away
- Uses the Caller-ID service from your network to identify callers
- Zap any nuisance caller who disturbs you
- Works on all home phone lines – even those with broadband
- Integrated voicemail
- Highly configurable - gives you complete control over the calls you receive
- Choose different call handling options for daytime and night time
- Personalise your announcements
- Optional Internet Control Panel to monitor and manage your phone calls
- Add-on Call Recorder card available to record your calls
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
As seen on Dragons' Den - new Call Blocker model just launched!
No more nuisance phone calls. trueCall stops nuisance calls, but lets your family and friends straight through. This British invention made history on the BBC's Dragons' Den when all the Dragons battled to invest in trueCall, with Peter Jones emerging as the winner.
trueCall is the complete solution to all types of nuisance phone call - telemarketing, recorded message calls, silent calls, calls from overseas call centres, fax calls, market researchers, offensive or threatening calls, mis-dials and wrong numbers. It's about the size of a paperback book and plugs into your phone line at home, checking every call you receive before letting your phone ring.
Your friends and family will get straight through, but nuisance calls will be a thing of the past. Our Amazon reviews show just how effective trueCall is.
The new trueCall Call Blocker suits customers who want to 'plug in and go' as well as customers who want to specify exactly how they want each call handled. The optional Internet Control Panel allows you to manage your trueCall unit online and review details of all the calls you have made and received (free for first year then £20 per year).trueCall can also save you money by warning you when you have been on a call for 55 minutes - you can ring off and then ring back to take advantage of the free calling options from your network.With the optional Call Recorder memory card you can record your calls - maybe you can claim compensation from the cold callers for wasting your time!
No more nuisance phone calls, TrueCall stops nuisance calls, but lets your family and friends straight through
TrueCall is the complete solution to all types of nuisance phone call - telemarketing, silent calls, calls from overseas call centres, fax calls, robocalls, market researchers, offensive or threatening calls, misdials, wrong numbers and recorded message calls. It's about the size of a paperback book. It plugs into your phone line at home and checks every call you receive before letting your phone ring.
Many TrueCall features require your network's Caller ID (available free from BT, but may be chargeable from other providers).See all Product Description
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I used some of the advanced features... I activated Anonymous Call Reject on the unit, and then unsubscribed from that feature from BT - this means the unit will pay for itself in around 2 years.
The "WebLink" feature is also very good. It provides access to every setting, blocked and starred number lists, logs of people that have called you and people you have called, links to look up those numbers on the internet or report to the TPS.
I populated my list of "Starred Callers" (your friends and callers you want to get through automatically) by exporting the phonebook from my mobile phone onto my computer, and then editing the data before copy and pasting the list into the TrueCall website (it's simply one number per line, with an optional name, very easy). This meant I didn't have to manually type in 50 or so numbers, and removed the chance of any typos.
* Easy to set up.
* Works as stated.
* Lots of settings to play with.
* Default settings work very well.
* 1 watt (only!) switched mode power supply.
* More than replaces anonymous call reject, voicemail, answering machine, call recorder (additional SD card with the software on needed).
* Can block all callers you don't want (especially if you switch on anonymous call reject).
* Can block all international calls.
* Will allow all of your "friends" through automatically and invisibly.Read more ›
1. The user manual is downloadable from the True Call site and I strongly recommend you do that if you really want to see if it is right for you.
2. There are plenty of options but options mean complications, so it pays to think through carefully how you want your calls handled.
3. The web interface for setting up the control panel is pretty easy to use. I set it all up and imported my star list before even installing the unit, which I found useful.
4. You can't actually import star (favoured) numbers from a file, but you can paste them in en masse. The format is simply number comma space name. I exported my favourite Gmail contacts then manipulated the file in Excel to get 120 odd numbers in - but you do need to know functions like concatenation to do that easily.
5. You can import up to 190 star/zap numbers with names, but 1000 total. The numbers need to be UK formatted i.e. no good using +44 as would work on a mobile, and how I have a lot of mine stored elsewhere.
6. It's easy to allow area codes. So if you live in a small town (without call centres) like me you can put 01234* in your star list and everyone from the 01234 area code won't be screened by TrueCall. I also added my mother's town so that if her neighbours should ring up with a problem they won't have to go through the screening.
7. If this machine proves itself I will get one for my mother as I can manage it over the net. The login is a userid and pwd, not email. So that's good - I can manage multiple machines with different logons.
8. There is a "do not disturb" function which screens all calls.Read more ›
Lots of problems initially... The biggest of which was that Truecall put through silent calls. It seemed to detect so much noise on the line, it accepted this as someone speaking to identify themselves. But, using a normal phone, there was no noise on the line. Secondly, the Weblink feature wouldn't work; it called the Truecall number OK but always failed to transfer any information. Research on the internet seemed to indicate others had suffered this problem.
So I contacted Truecall's helpdesk. They immediately offered to send me a replacement unit, all postage paid. It turned up in a couple of days. Unfortunately this behaved just the same. I was then thinking `well it's not a faulty unit, then' but Truecall insisted on me trying a third one: same issues again.
We went through all the expected trouble shooting: disconnect other phones, move Truecall away from other equipment, try another ADSL microfilter. Nothing made any difference. We did establish that the issue was connected to ADSL, as with my ADSL modem disabled, the noise stopped and Truecall worked perfectly.
So although it certainly looked like the problems were down to my phone line, Truecall were unable to come up with a solution or a workaround for this and offered a full refund upon return of the device. I called BT and they did some remote line checks and said there was nothing wrong. Obviously, they blamed the Truecall! However, I really wanted this installed and working, and normal phones were working fine, so I persisted, researching on the internet and trying various things, in an effort to resolve the problem. Finally, although I didn't get a 100% solution, I improved matters enough for Truecall to start working as it's supposed to.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it block all calls that i did not want and allow my friend and family thorough without hearing the voice from truecallPublished 8 hours ago by m2uk1962
My husband is disabled and frequently goes for naps during the day. Before we had TrueCall we were getting numerous unsolicited calls but now we are down to only one or two per... Read morePublished 10 hours ago by Jane Butler
Great item to have and so simple to use.
I Purchased another one of this Tru calls from this seller a few years ago and it got struck by lightning a few weeks ago,... Read more
No more fake broken router calls, no more recorded PPI messages, no more claiming for my accident ( what accident ? ), no more new energy efficient boiler offers. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Zukovsky
No more bogus TalkTalk conmen, silent calls or recorded messages just as I'm sitting down to dinner. Whoopee.Published 24 days ago by Cagey
This call blocker is very simple to install, and based on only a few days' usage and testing seems to be very effective. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
A fantastic purchase. The TrueCall call blocker is definitely worth having, no more unwanted calls. I'm glad I bought this product, and would recommend it.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Worth every penny (in my opinion). Took a bit time to set it up with all phone numbers at the outset but after, it just takes a little time to update it with any new phone... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Val
Great if you have elderly infirm relatives. Mine is installed in the house of a relative who is blind and has Parkinson's disease. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer