Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 5 July 2017
a bit weak on the story lines of these short stories. not david tennant at his best
on 7 March 2017
Very enjoyable not all with a 'complete' ending, some leave the viewer to their own interpretation
on 15 March 2013
Some real talent here, but some of the scenes have little to do with any love I've ever seen - I think the actors could have done a better job without the director deciding how their characters should react, So I feel as if they were stilted instead of the flowing style you would expect out of an improv situation
on 13 May 2017
Good value.
on 24 July 2012
Everything about this series was great. The acting was superb, (nice to see DT in a drama and not an advert) but really, look at the actors, would you really expect anything else? It was shot beautifully, the atmosphere spot on, the stories intelligent and true to life and the directing was excellent. Given all this, why not five stars?

Simply put, half an hour was too short a time. Take each episode, each story, with everything I've previously mentioned, and this could easily have filled an hour a time. We only glimpsed the characters and it just felt incomplete. Frankly, we got a sketch rather than a finished piece. Perhaps that was the intention, but with the talent in all parts, both on screen and behind it, being so good, why not build something more?

So, buy this, watch it and enjoy it, but think on, someone missed a trick here. We got two pairs when we could have had a Royal Flush. For example, look at the story behind the excellent Single Father, also with DT. That ran for four one hour episodes. I suppose I always want more of a good thing.

PS; if the BBC make a second series, other than making them longer, please include Suranne Jones. She'd excell here.
33 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2013
Just what I wanted..........'cos I'm in it
came promptly ...no problems
nine more words nine more words nine more words
on 23 September 2013
This unique format of showing variations love in relationships gave a great view of how personal each experience of love is. The performances were great.
on 18 August 2013
This was a beautifully crafted and brave piece of drama. It handles and deals with some really strong issues. Stand outs for me are David Tennant, Billie Piper, Lacey Turner and Kaya Scodelario. Each of these actors took their characters and i believed every word that was being said. Considering i bought the series because of David, I have watched Billie and Kaya's episode over and over. It is so powerful and moving. The only thing i would have liked different was if the episodes were longer. Give us more time to love the characters and to connect more intensely with them! Other than that, beautiful piece!
on 13 April 2013
I bought this on a whim, as I do like David Tennant in most things he does. But what I did find, is that not only was his episode good, they all were.
I do hope another such series occurs.
on 21 June 2012
This series was a very well made piece of drama with a wonderful cast. The best episodes by far have to be Episodes 3: Holly and Episode 5: Adrian. The series was improvised meaning the actors did not work from a script, therefore it did have some awkward scenes and maybe the acting wasn't as good all of the time, however some actors really showed raw emotion and showed how brilliant their acting skills are. Notable performances from Lacey Turner, Billie Piper, Kaya Scodelario and David Morrissey. The series had some very moving and believable moments and had a brilliant soundtrack. There could have been some improvements, it wasn't the best TV show I've ever seen but it was enjoyable! Worth buying though!