Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 April 2015
For all that s holy, I could not put this Beauty down.

We have Jake Whethers, all round heart throb, hunky, tattooed bad boy rock star and Trudy Bennett, innocent, beautiful, cute but no so sweet writer.

They were best friends until 12 years ago, when Jake went to USA with his parents, promising to stay in touch but of course this does not go as planned.

Jake goes onto become this rock God, at the top of the game, with 3 best friends after he moved to the US. Trudy goes to University and carves a career at a local upcoming Magazine, living her life with her best friend Simone and boyfriend Will.

I honestly thought her time with Will was doomed, before she had her meeting with Jake, for the magazine, something felt off, and we soon learn why. Trudy soon learns that she has to do an Interview with her very famous old best friend, after 1 years apart. The electricity was immediate; Trudy was a nervous wreck, and our first introduction with Jake, he comes over unfazed, although you got hints that he was not as composed as he made out.

There was only really one outcome for these two, after their reunion.

Oh Boy! I was feeling all the emotion and feelings that Trudy was; the internal arguments with herself, letting herself be swept away by the handsome Rock God, but with the added heartbreak and inner turmoil of her current situation.

They certainly had a passionate relationship, before it even got to that stage, they both had years of pent up feelings, and boy did they work well together, they were off the charts HOT!

Tru was working on Jake's Bio and thought she could do the Tour and hope to get their friendship back, when in reality she was getting a whole lot more than she realised.

I felt sorry for Will, and maybe he should have realised, or he did realise but there was nothing he could do. It was hard when the truth came out, but unavoidable.

You knew full well that this was not going to be a ride off into the sunset Happy Ever After, Jake and Tru were so good together and for each other they had it all, but also nothing at all.

I loved how sexy they were together, but at the same time they seemed to keep each other grounded.

I have not read a book in a long time where I could not stop thinking about the characters, you had me snatching reading time even when at work.

Can not wait to read how they are getting on, I hope its not as antsy as this one, but for one moment I don't think it all going t be a smooth journey.

Awe..... Reading Jake's POV about their reunion Interview, so cute, he was just as nervous as she was. I am glad we got to see his perspective.

Have really loved getting to know these two, cant wait for the next installment.
on 20 August 2017
Item description:
The item came in perfect condition and safely packaged. The quality of the cover is not very strong, it is thin and bent easily. The paper inside is thin but okay quality. The writing size and font is easy to read and overall the item is good.

Story rating:
This book left me with a smile on my face. I absolutely loved it. From page one I was sucked into the drama of Jake and Tru and I couldn’t stop reading. I was obsessed. just loved it so for that i am giving it a 5+ stars
on 24 November 2013
Wowzers! I just couldn't stop, wouldn't stop until I Knew what was going to happen next. Samantha has incredible talent & for me has succeeded in something no author for me has been able to achieve with true realism, with altering a story through the perspective of two main characters. I am so pleased that the quality of the story immediately resonated with me otherwise I would have missed out on a great story. To also be able to convey so much about the characters without really having many sub-characters with conversational integration into the story demonstrates the true talent of the writer. With a harrowing subject matter, abuse, physical & mental, trust, mistrust, self-loathing with harsh coping techniques, family, friendship, honesty, love, every level of emotion one way or another is dealt with in this story. A well deserved 5 star. A great read with twists & turns that keep you guessing right up to the last page
on 6 November 2013
Wow, this was an amazing read. It reminded me of Thoughtless in lots of ways, but I preferred this mainly because Tru was nowhere near as irritating as Kiera was in Thoughtless.
Jake Wethers is a gorgeous, sexy rock god. He was witty, charming, thoughtful, rich and he really looked after her. The chemistry between Jake and Tru was exceptional, I got tingles reading it.
I can't usually stand love triangles, but this was ok even for my nervous disposition. I had to go straight on to read the followup and I enjoyed this so much I ordered the paperback too because I know this is one I will be re-reading for years.
Very highly recommended.
on 2 September 2015
I absolutely loved this book it's my first Samantha Towle novel but it won't be the last. I just loved Jake and Tru and the rest of the characters, the storyline was great and the writing superb, it was funny and sexy with a sadness running through it, I can't wait to start book 2. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes their romances hot and sexy with twists and turns throughout.
on 24 January 2016
Jake and Tru are amazing! Jake is super hot! This book is so well written it draws you in then sinks its claws in! A must read and be prepared to purchase the next 2 books omg i couldnt refuse it was defiently one of my best reads 2015! Well done Samantha! x
on 16 September 2017
First book I've read by this author and really enjoyed it. Great characters and story with some twists. Will look for more by author.
on 8 December 2013
Enjoyed this book a lot, quite a powerful story dealing with issues of bulimia, mental and physical abuse as well as abandonment. Good characters and good ending. Only negative was I thought the whole 'mum' issue was a step too far, won't say anything more on this just in case you are checking out the reviews before buying/reading.

Would recommend.
on 5 July 2017
This book is outstanding! I was totally hooked on Jake and I'd have given anything to be Tru. I couldn't put it down, I felt like I knew them personally. Amazing read 💖💖
on 21 January 2014
This was an amazing read. I loved everything about it. Reading this reminds me of why I love to read and when I find a book I enjoy as much as this it's like finding the holy grail, that handful of fantastic books amongst all the others I read.
This was one if my fave reads of the year and definitely one I'll be re-reading.
very highly recommended.