Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£21.43

on 29 August 2014
A book that goes off at a tangent for Reilly. It's a sort of Lord of the Rings type of story, and I don't tend to read fantasy stories with goblins and trolls, but I found I enjoyed the overall story.

So a departure from the usual Reilly fare, but it's nicely put together, with nice set pieces, and it's told well.

Certainly worth a read.
on 17 September 2014
Troll Mountain, not in a month of Sundays would I believe that I would read a story about Trolls, hobgoblins mixed in with humans. It was a Matthew Reilly story, so I thought, give it a go, it was magic from beginning to end. Who doesn't enjoy the weak winning over the cruel bully boys, get it, read it and enjoy, just don't niss it.
on 29 July 2016
I have read a lot of Matthew Reilly books and bought this on the strength of every one of them have been worth the read.
This has not disappointed me even though I did not even look up the storyline.
This is more of a children's book than anything but even so I thoroughly enjoyed it. Trolls, opposing tribes, a hint of lord of the rings, adventurous youth with daring do.
Basically a tribal system has the hero of the day as a manual labour grunt, denied access to the upper echelons by birth.
Disease strikes and the hero goes looking for the cure from the trolls who like to eat people by the way.
Meets up with sidekicks and ................... I do not want to spoil the book do I?
Thats the scene set for the book and a lot more that I knew before I started it.
This is a brilliant book for reading to and with imaginative children.
Well worth buying. Well worth the read.
If you have found this REVIEW HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK ON THE HELPFUL REVIEW BUTTON
on 22 October 2014
Usually love to read Matthews books especially Scarecrow etc so thought I'd give this a go. It was an ok sort of book but didn't get me to the point where I couldn't wait to see what happens next, it was very predictable with the out come being what it was. I don't believe in spoilers so not going into the depth of the story as some reviews do. Hoping Matthews next book will be much better COME BACK SCARECROW and the fast roller coaster pace
on 23 March 2015
As action-packed as ever, Reilly's story-telling never disappoints. I haven't read one of his books for a while and I thoroughly enjoyed this shorter novel ie. finished it in two nights. Thrilling and breathtaking, I cheered in my head with each small step towards victory. Excellent reading.
on 2 July 2014
A quick read that will be enjoyed by those that love Matthew Reilly's previous works. I have read all of his novels and this one isn't one of the best but it's really only a short tale of a young man trying to save his sister. Reilly grips the reading as he so often does with cliff hangers and some over the top action.
on 8 August 2016
Although it's not Matthew Reilly's best work, it was a fast paced well-written story about a young man and his quest to steal elixir from the trolls to save his sister. It is clearly aimed at a slightly younger readership and I can understand the comparisons to the Hobbit, albeit it is neither as long nor as words as Tolkein. If you enjoyed Matthew Reilly's other work, and you can pick this up for a reasonable price then I would go for it. If you have not experienced Matthew Reilly before I would start with Scarecrow or his Seven Ancient Wonders books which are superior in my opinion.
on 20 January 2016
Really enjoyable high fantasy story. Clearly had a bit of a YA vibe to it and classic story of the weakling/runt becoming the hero though an encounter with a 'wise and experienced teacher'. Found the story to be a little predictable in places,(expected the not all the trolls to be evil plot, the double crossing plot etc) but this didn't detract from my enjoyment; the parallels created between troll and human society worked particularly well. An excellent light read for your lunch hour.
on 1 December 2014
While I do enjoy reading Matthew Reilly`s fast paced books and high action I did quite enjoy this. Even though it is a relatively short book, it took its time. I hope Reilly returns to Raf at some point, I liked his character.
on 10 February 2015
Matthew Reilly writes the most fantastic magical and exiting stories. His books keep you calculated from the first pages. I read all of his books on more than one occasion. To me he is the best author I've ever read.