- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Horse Treats Store for a huge selection of horse & pony treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £1.35 UK delivery
Trixie Walker Care Protective Boots, Medium, Black(Border Collie)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Mead with hard wearing neoprene
- Medium size
- Contains 2 pieces of protective boots
- Reduces the risk of infection
- Supports rapid heeling of paw injury
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Trixie walker care protective boots is made of hard-wearing neoprene, with artificial leather back and sole. Supports rapid healing of paw injury. Reduces the risk of infection with velcro. Contents 2 pieces of boots. Medium size. Black colour.
Each order comes with:
1 x Trixie Walker Care Protective Boots, Medium, Black
From the manufacturer
These TRIXIE products make claw and paw care and protection quick and easy.
Walker Care Protective Boots
- Made of durable polyester
- With vinyl back and sole
- Support rapid healing of paw injuries
- Reduce the risk of infection
- With practical Velcro strap, with two Velcro straps from size M
- Colour: black
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've taken pictures of the box size recommendations, what the slipper looks like on my dog and the wear and tear.
Overall the idea is good, it did stay on his foot despite him running around like a mad thing and it should help your dog to get around the place without increasing the chances of their injury getting reinfected. Anyway my experience follows:
1. My labrador dog cut his hind left foot on glass or similar.
2. We took him to vets and it cost 240 quid for 4 stitches and a solid bandage which he got changed by the Vet every two days. She encouraged us to keep his foot dry by using a small plastic bag over his foot. But this didn't work the more mobile he got.
3. I looked at all foot coverings for dogs and this seemed reasonable for his needs and wasnt expensive. However I was clueless what size to buy as the descriptions weren't clear.
4. Bought large for my labrador but as the instructions say on the box, but not the advert, buy a size up if your dog is bandaged.
5. Therefore waited until his main bandage was off and used the slipper once the other was no longer required.
6. It fitted ok, reasonably easy to fit on my softy and although he wouldn't have been comfortable wearing them in the house he was happy enough to walk outside with one on.
7. The slipper stayed on despite him running short sprints trying to rid himself of the extra energy he had from being confined for a week but very quickly the sole wore through. See picture after 2 shortish walks mainly on grass.
Have used both slippers then over two days and his foot seems to be coming on fine. No slipper today and he wasn't limping.
Not a long term solution but gives an extra day or two over cover if required to let the injury heal.
I was unsure which size I needed but decided on the large and they were perfect. I have since purchased a second pair as spares and walk him in them all the time now for protection. They are brilliant. I do need to make sure they are strapped on fairly tight though as my dog is a "scratcher" after toileting.
Well made and quite strong.
S - West Highland Terrier, Jack Russell
M - Border Collie, Beagle
L - Golden Retriever, Labrador
XL - German Shepherd, Bernese Mountain Dog
XXL - Rottweiler, Hovawart
XXXL - Newfoundland, Saint Bernard
The boot being a soft neoprene means they are really flexible and mould to the dogs foot shape, and in our case, she forgot very quickly that she was wearing anything at all.They are easily washed, ( we turned them inside out as our walks are often wet and muddy) to make sure they were properly clean with no gritty bits loitering inside, and have survived some mixed walks. They don't keep the foot totally dry, but in our case protection from dirt and grit was more important, and her foot was still clean when the boot was taken off, and damp as opposed to wet through. We had 2 pairs, so we were able to wash one after each walk.
I now keep them in the medicine box just in case.
We first used this make of boot 20 years ago, and have tried other, more modern ( and expensive!) styles. If you want a serviceable and sensible protective shoe, with no silly nonsense, these work very well.
Most recent customer reviews
Objectively the neoprene and the boot itself both need to be 50% longer and...Read more