- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Horse Treats Store for a huge selection of horse & pony treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
Trixie Walker Care Protective Boots, Large, Black (Golden Retriever)
|Price:||£7.88 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£1.11 (12%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Mead with hard wearing neoprene
- Large size
- Contains 2 pieces of protective boots
- Reduces the risk of infection
- Supports rapid heeling of paw injury
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Trixie walker care protective boots is made of hard-wearing neoprene, with artificial leather back and sole. Supports rapid healing of paw injury. Reduces the risk of infection with velcro. Contents 2 pieces of boots. Large size. Black colour.
Box damaged, contents perfectSee all Product description
From the manufacturer
These TRIXIE products make claw and paw care and protection quick and easy.
Walker Care Protective Boots
- Made of durable polyester
- With vinyl back and sole
- Support rapid healing of paw injuries
- Reduce the risk of infection
- With practical Velcro strap, with two Velcro straps from size M
- Colour: black
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've taken pictures of the box size recommendations, what the slipper looks like on my dog and the wear and tear.
Overall the idea is good, it did stay on his foot despite him running around like a mad thing and it should help your dog to get around the place without increasing the chances of their injury getting reinfected. Anyway my experience follows:
1. My labrador dog cut his hind left foot on glass or similar.
2. We took him to vets and it cost 240 quid for 4 stitches and a solid bandage which he got changed by the Vet every two days. She encouraged us to keep his foot dry by using a small plastic bag over his foot. But this didn't work the more mobile he got.
3. I looked at all foot coverings for dogs and this seemed reasonable for his needs and wasnt expensive. However I was clueless what size to buy as the descriptions weren't clear.
4. Bought large for my labrador but as the instructions say on the box, but not the advert, buy a size up if your dog is bandaged.
5. Therefore waited until his main bandage was off and used the slipper once the other was no longer required.
6. It fitted ok, reasonably easy to fit on my softy and although he wouldn't have been comfortable wearing them in the house he was happy enough to walk outside with one on.
7. The slipper stayed on despite him running short sprints trying to rid himself of the extra energy he had from being confined for a week but very quickly the sole wore through. See picture after 2 shortish walks mainly on grass.
Have used both slippers then over two days and his foot seems to be coming on fine. No slipper today and he wasn't limping.
Not a long term solution but gives an extra day or two over cover if required to let the injury heal.
I was unsure which size I needed but decided on the large and they were perfect. I have since purchased a second pair as spares and walk him in them all the time now for protection. They are brilliant. I do need to make sure they are strapped on fairly tight though as my dog is a "scratcher" after toileting.
Well made and quite strong.
S - West Highland Terrier, Jack Russell
M - Border Collie, Beagle
L - Golden Retriever, Labrador
XL - German Shepherd, Bernese Mountain Dog
XXL - Rottweiler, Hovawart
XXXL - Newfoundland, Saint Bernard
The boot being a soft neoprene means they are really flexible and mould to the dogs foot shape, and in our case, she forgot very quickly that she was wearing anything at all.They are easily washed, ( we turned them inside out as our walks are often wet and muddy) to make sure they were properly clean with no gritty bits loitering inside, and have survived some mixed walks. They don't keep the foot totally dry, but in our case protection from dirt and grit was more important, and her foot was still clean when the boot was taken off, and damp as opposed to wet through. We had 2 pairs, so we were able to wash one after each walk.
I now keep them in the medicine box just in case.
We first used this make of boot 20 years ago, and have tried other, more modern ( and expensive!) styles. If you want a serviceable and sensible protective shoe, with no silly nonsense, these work very well.
Initially, I bought the medium size, but these proved to be too big, so went to the small size, which proved to be a better fit. The fitting around the legs is still a bit too generous for smaller dogs, meaning that you have to get the Velcro strap really tight to hold the boots in place, especially if you have a dog that drags the front of his/her paws on the ground. These boots are really meant for indoor use or on grass and will wear out very quickly on paved areas. My mum has found a way round this , by putting a couple of layers of reinforced duck tape or similar, on the toe area and changing it as soon as it wears. This means that the boots last a few weeks rather than days and 'Gizzy' the dog is able to enjoy walks again without injuring his claws. The boots are light enough that they do not seem to hinder his progress at all when chasing around like a lunatic!! We did try the reinforced Trixie boots, but they just would not stay on for any length of time and did cause the dog to stumble occasionally, but would probably work better on bigger breeds. It is really going to depend on the individual dog if they tolerate these boots or not, but in our case he just does not seem to bother about them and is quite happy to let you put them on.
I have added a link to the sizing guide on the comments page. It is a pdf page which you should print out on A4 paper.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I have a pair of German shappards.
So i have to constanly look for them and put them back on.Read more