- Visit the Small Animal Collars, Leads & Harnesses Store for a huge selection of collars, leads and harnesses for rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, hamsters, rats and mice from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Small Animal Store for great offers on food and accessories for rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and more from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Small Animal Treats Store for a huge selection of small animal treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Trixie Rodent Wheel Metal Close-Meshed Tread x 17cm
|Price:||£9.79 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
CLOSE-MESHED TREAD METAL HAMSTER WHEEL 17CM This rodent wheel with stand is provided with small meshed running surface. It offers your pet a pleasant running comfort. The extra-shaped stand prevents the animal from getting jammed between rodent wheel and stand. PLEASE NOTE COLOUR MAY VARY
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Just one thing about the wheel is that is does make a little noise but if you rub a little sunflower oil on the joints it will be noise free for around a week.
Hope this review helped! if you are buying for a gerbil I would not go smaller then a 17" wheel.
It's perfect at 17 cm aswell he doen't look uncomfortable when he runs as the small wheels tend to make them look cramped. Highly recommended.
Degus would also use this (delightedly) but I feel this size is too small for them - the angle is bad for their spines - they need the next size up which is the 22 cm one (inclusive of frame 28 x 23cm). There is also a next size up which is suitable for the chinchilla. Despite the metallic tread my degus do not seem to suffer from bumblefoot (gerbs do not suffer from that anyway). They need a bit of grip - once I considered putting a strip of flexible stick-on vinyl floor tiles around the inner perimeter but not sure if they would lose some grip and anyway again it would be chewed up. Sometimes the wheel falls off the frame (easy enough to put back, pinching the frame tighter) but the degus are so keen they hop on and are trying to run on it before you put the spoke back in!
Enter the Trixie wheel. It took my hamster only a few seconds to get it figured out, and he uses it for a couple of hours everyday, which has resulted in a considerably happier hamster!
Other reviews are correct in saying the wheel is squeaky, but any kind of lubricant will solve that immediately, to the point where you can barely hear it.
Sadly the wheel detaches from the frame far too easily and I am having to put it back together on a daily basis.
It is also a bit too small for a degu.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best wheels for the critters in my opinion. I have two of the large ones for my degus and a smaller one for my hamster.Published 4 months ago by Mrs S D
Ideal for gerbils mine are forever running. Downside it is noisy so putting cooking oil on it regularlyPublished 6 months ago by maria
Product is good quality my gerbils love it although it is a bit big for their tankPublished 11 months ago by Ruth Davison
Brought for some gerbils. They haven't worked out how to use it ( keep putting hay in it ) but at least they can't chew it to bits. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Aim
Unfortunately my gerbils don't use the wheel at all, but it is well designed and arrived very quickly.Published 17 months ago by Grace
Despite the noise (but anything you buy that is metal will have it) its a great great wheel, my hamster uses it everyday and the size is great too. Very good buy.Published 18 months ago by NunesR.
Very good, only problem with this is that after a couple of months of use it begins to rust and thus although usable doesn't look nice in the cage.Published 21 months ago by Acomys